Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Need help please. I have headlice :(

Amy Minerva Winfield
@amy-minerva-winfield
12 years ago
9 posts
My girls have come home with headlce. There's is easy to deal with.How on earth do I deal wi,th headline in dreads?Any help will be very much appreciated.I've read alcohol but no idea what? How long to leave it in for? And how many times to do it? And how to look after my dreads after such an intensive thing as rubbing alcohol.Oh and where would I buy it? I'm in the uk.Thank you
updated by @amy-minerva-winfield: 01/13/15 09:26:43PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

ok rubbing alcahol might be called surgical alcahol there you can get it at any pharmacy anywhere that caries first aide stuff its easy to find

ok full info to prevent yourself from getting infested dose your hair and scalp in teatree okil they hate teatree it wont get rid of em once u got em but is pretty effective in preventing them

u want 70% rubbing alcahiol pour a generouse amount over bunned up dreads (tip the fumes can overwhelm you ..if u have anyu breathing issues at all or just as a precautionary measure a paper towel tube wil allow u to breathe fresh air from a foot away) after u pour it on wrap your dreads tightely in saran wrap (any plastic wrap used to [presserve food will do) you want to seal in the fumes and leave it on 30 minutes or longer (the alcahol will steralize any bite/scratch wounds but will sting like crazy feel frree to curse and scream and punch the walls) after 30 minutes wash/rinse that out now pour on undiluted apple cider vinager this too might sting but not as bad wait 10 min then wash ..(tip adding neem seed oil to your shampoo will help kill em too)(tip for neem it hardens at room temp so put the bottle in a sink full of hot water to liquify it then add to the shampoo)

repeat this every 3 days for a minumum of 9 days

it must be every 3 days to break the birth cycle

the alcahol maybe harsh on hair and scalp but the vinager will correct that leaving the hair and scalp feeling good the vinager disolves the glue that holds the eggs on the hairs

wash everything in the house treat furniture anything u cant wash or treat seal in plastic bags for a few weeks

dont forget car seats headphones hats

anything your kids came in contact with

ps lice cannot jump they must have direct contact to climb from 1 head to the next..or head to furniture to head so if you limmit your direct contact with anything that might be infested your ok

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Amy Minerva Winfield
@amy-minerva-winfield
12 years ago
9 posts
Thank you :)I use tea tree all the time but both my girls ave lice and they often sleep in bed with me so that may be why.
Amy Minerva Winfield
@amy-minerva-winfield
12 years ago
9 posts
I couldn't get rubbing alcohol so had to use live remedy stuff. It's workd but my dreads are super dry kinda like straw, what can I do ? They are really really dry, lots of loose hairs and I'm concerned they will break.Any suggestions?Thank you x
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

whats live remedie stuff its probly just rubbing alcahol

the vinager should have helped but if not enough then try aloe vera or jojoba oil or something like that

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form