Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

just a question

Matt Herring
@matt-herring
12 years ago
4 posts

I have had my dreadsfor about 8 months now wow didnt realize its been that long needless to say there starting to worry me the problem is that they start as backcombed dreads but as time went on let them do there own thing witch turned out really cool bumps loops the works but now it seems like there not doing anything at all in fact they got looser and not much new growth is going into the dreads. could this be from having to have them up in a hat for work most of my dreads are now flat and thin except the back bottom on thicker and flat at the end is there anything i can do or is this just anther phase.

updated by @matt-herring: 01/13/15 09:26:33PM
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

New growth does start really showing up till later. So you don't need to worry about that. I had mine for a year before they started to show signs of growing again.

Hats can cause some stunting in growth. Depends on what kind of hat, but I'm guessing it's not a tam if your wearing one for work. I'd find out if you could switch to a tam. You can get plain black ones that look professional, but will also bebeneficialto growing locks.

And them being flatter is just a stage. Some may stay sort of flatter, but other will round themselves out as you sleep on them and they get squished in different directions. Most locks seem thinner at the roots because there is some new growth that is straight until it locks up. When you squeeze them they may seem like they are weaker and thinning, but once they mat, they will feel just like the rest of your locks. It's all part of the process.

Be patient. And find out about the tam. If you show your boss what a plain black one looks like, they should be fine with you wearing that instead.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

tam or saTIN WRAP A TIGHT HAT CAN CERTAINLY IMPACT PROGRESS

DO YOU "HAVE TO" OR DO YOU JUST FEEL YOU HAVE TO WEAR IT AT WORK..

I MEAN ARE YOU REQUIRED AS A HATS PART OF A UNIFORM OR A HARD HAT FOR SAFETYY ..OR ARE U WEARING IT JUST CAUSE U FEEL YOU HAVE TO HIDE YOUR DREADS TO SEEM PROFESSIONAL

IF ITS NOT AN ACTUAL REQUIREME T THEN DONT WEAR IT

ok im ripping this damn caps lock key off my keyboard

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Matt Herring
@matt-herring
12 years ago
4 posts

Thanks for the replys i o wear a tam because i work in a restaurant and if this is just a stage then i will continue to just let them be and do my normal res free soap bar wash and backing powder and sea salt rinse bout every two weeks and just let time do its thing.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form