Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

braid method

Masha Johanson
@masha-johanson
12 years ago
10 posts

Can anyone tell me about the braid dread method? I heard that if you do small braids and leave them, they will dread. Does having a band on the end prevent it from locking? Will my caucasian hair dread with this method? If anyone has any input, that would be great. Thank you so much!

updated by @masha-johanson: 01/13/15 09:26:33PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

its slower then straight neglect its basicly neglect with defined sections the braids define the sections but then have to unbraid and dread .. and no rubber bands should ever be in yiour hair when dreading no exceptions

why wouldnt you just go nati[=ural?

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

My girlfriend did the braid method once. I didn't know her then, but she said it worked. I did see them after she cut them off, and they were definitely locks, but you could still see a hint that it was braided after a few years. An issue that I see with braids is that you still have to make sure it's loose enough at the root that it's not pulling the sections apart at the scalp. You never want to see scalp in between your locks.

And, like Eagle said, you never want bands in your hair. Especiallywith a braid method. Braids, inherently, slow down the process of letting your hair tangle. Bands would slow it down even more by not letting the tips move at all. Not to mention all of the other problems that come with using bands

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form