dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Twist and Rip dreads question

Heaven  Caten
@heaven-caten
12 years ago
13 posts

this is me pre-dreads

So I did twist and rip a week shy of a month ago and I am concerned with the braided texture of my dreads. Will they dread up in time? or should I redo them with a different method?

that was day 1, I don't think I did it right... or my hair is a bit fine and uncooperative.

this is basically up to date. I noticed some of the braidiness fade, but some of my dreads still look just like braids... If I leave them be, will they dread up?

updated by @heaven-caten: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

yea they will when u tnr u got to randomize alot to avoid the v[-=braided look but the braided look will fade and dread id skup the palm rolling tho just leave em be

it wuill take a couple month s

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Tied up in knots
@tied-up-in-knots
12 years ago
202 posts

I'm a few months ahead of you. I can assure you that the braided look goes away rather quickly. Relatively speaking of course.

From my own experiences I can say that the thicker, looser, dreads will lose the braided look faster.

Valérie
@valrie
12 years ago
539 posts

I'm only a couple weeks longer than you and a lot of mine are already looking dready. Just be patient :)

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

If you let them go, that braided look will go away. It only looks like that because they are fresh. As they tangle more and more, the braid will disappear and just look more like tangles and knots.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form