dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

dreadheadhq waxless dread kit wtf?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

ok so dreeadheadhq now has a waxless dread kit

what a joke i guess realizing wax is harmful he still wants to sell harmful kits with lock peppa and crochet hooks

all destructive still all wrong but heres word for word what the new kit page says

Whether you're avoiding wax as a personal preference or whether you've been convince it will do your dreads harm, the waxless kit allows you to get everything but the dread wax and add Lock Peppa and a Lock Sculpta.

There are a couple items that go really will with this kit. The first is the loose hair tool. Between the Lock Peppa (included), the Lock Sculpta (included) and the Loose Hair tool, maintenance will be a snap. This is good news since dreading without wax generally increases the amount of maintenance that's necessary if you want to keep them looking groomed.

Next up is the Dread Butta. In the beginning you'll be able to use a small amount of butta to keep your fuzz at bay. Later, as your dreads mature, dryness will become and issue and the Dread Butta shows off it's stuff again as an amazing natural moisturizer. Much easier to apply, and lighter than the wax, it prevents dryness and breakage and makes the surface of the dreads soft rather than scratchy.

Another thing that is often overlooked is the fact that if you only have one dread comb you can only have one person backcombing at a time - since they are discounted with the kit you can pickup a few and reduce an all day backcombing marathon to just a few hours.

The Waxless Dread Kit includes:

• A 8oz bottle of Dread Head pro dread shampoo.
  • A 18oz Locking Accelerator
  • A bottle of Lock Peppa
  • A dreading comb perfect for makin and tightenn natty locks.
  • The Lock Sculpta
  • 250 Hair elastics
  • You also get discounts on everything below when you get a kit!

sooo what are your thoughts on this?

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 02/14/15 08:23:39AM
Ruca671
@ruca671
12 years ago
3 posts

greedy greedy greedy people trying to make a dollar off of people who are ignorant to the breakage it causes.

James Turk
@james-turk
12 years ago
107 posts

Really dumb, I like how they say "to keep them looking groomed". I actually wonder if the people that own that company really have dreads, probably just a wig for the photo shoot.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

i love how he says wax free dreads are more high maintenance while the oposites really true

once a liar and scumbag always a liar andscumbag

this is how he reforms?

--
Valérie
@valrie
12 years ago
539 posts

What I see is someone desperately trying to cling to business; what else would prompt this new product other than the fact that people are getting educated and spreading the word?

Le douche.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

greedy bastards already making millions by scamming ppl yea i know its becoming very well known that dreadheadhq is a scam and destroys dreads

but im certain hes still making 100 times more then anyone on here ..more then he could spend but just greed is the motivation ..enough is not enough

its just ridiculous that ppl waste hard earned money on uselrss and damaging kits when they need nothing at all to dread

--
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

I'm not a bad person, but I have to admit that I think what Anonymous is doing is great. If anyone know's a hacker, it would be classic to have them put up some funny pictures of people going bald on his site. Or maybe just of some nasty waxed locks.

I don't know, just an idea.

And I had salon made locks once, I don't think I have done any where near the amount of "maintenance" on my locks in the past 6 years of natural locks as I did in the 2 months I had my waxed ones.

And by "maintenance", I mean, I put a few bead over multiple locks to connect them, and using the gel from dreadlockshampoo.com. In 6 yeras I've probably spend about a hour total to control and force my locks to do what I want. I probably spent an hour a week with wax for my salon ones

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

you dont need a hacker to put "going bald" or waxty dreads pics on dreadheadhq site .. their victims do it themselves the prob is some newbies are fooled by those pics

to us we can spot the p\roblems and they look rediculouse and awful but some newbs think thats how they should look

Baba Fats said:

I'm not a bad person, but I have to admit that I think what Anonymous is doing is great. If anyone know's a hacker, it would be classic to have them put up some funny pictures of people going bald on his site. Or maybe just of some nasty waxed locks.

I don't know, just an idea.

And I had salon made locks once, I don't think I have done any where near the amount of "maintenance" on my locks in the past 6 years of natural locks as I did in the 2 months I had my waxed ones.

And by "maintenance", I mean, I put a few bead over multiple locks to connect them, and using the gel from dreadlockshampoo.com. In 6 yeras I've probably spend about a hour total to control and force my locks to do what I want. I probably spent an hour a week with wax for my salon ones

--
Valentin the Jellyfish
@valentin-the-jellyfish
12 years ago
79 posts

we should start selling secret dread kits for the best dreads possible

A trashcan that says "Place combs and brushes here." hahahaha

Tara C
@tara-c
12 years ago
644 posts

I don't think it matters. They already sell these things with wax, so what difference does it make if they sell it without wax? If people are convinced they need products (wax or otherwise) to dread, they'll buy the desired products. Yeah it's greedy, misleading, full of the wrong information, but that's nothing new. It's just another way for him to make money, which sucks, but it's not like it's out of character.

I mean, if people know that wax is bad but are willing to use the other products they sell, they're gonna buy them anyway, just that now there's a kit for them rather than buying them all separately.

/ 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form