dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

dreadheadhq waxless dread kit wtf?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

its still 35 dollars for:

• A 8oz bottle of Dread Head pro dread shampoo. 8 oz is small the shampoo sux and causes dandruff
  • A 18oz Locking Accelerator this is a joke its an 18 oz bottle ..with a spoonfull of salt worth pennies
  • A bottle of Lock Peppa useless garbage does nothing at all except make u flakey
  • A dreading comb perfect for makin and tightenn natty locks. a combs a comb worth a dollar max and u dont even need a comb
  • The Lock Sculpta a crochet hook ..very damaging never should be used way over priced as well
  • 250 Hair elastics rubber bands pennies for thousands and should neverr be used
so whats worth 35 dollars? the crappy shampoo? or the comb?

Tara C said:

I don't think it matters. They already sell these things with wax, so what difference does it make if they sell it without wax? If people are convinced they need products (wax or otherwise) to dread, they'll buy the desired products. Yeah it's greedy, misleading, full of the wrong information, but that's nothing new. It's just another way for him to make money, which sucks, but it's not like it's out of character.

I mean, if people know that wax is bad but are willing to use the other products they sell, they're gonna buy them anyway, just that now there's a kit for them rather than buying them all separately.

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 07/23/15 04:20:47PM
Robert Thompson
@robert-thompson
12 years ago
21 posts

that lock peppa actually causes friction alopecia, one of my friends i know online i just found out the other day used lock peppa and his hair has started falling out dread at a time. the doctor actually told him its the lock peppa that caused it. that lock accelerator is way way overpriced, i got the same thing in spray form last time i got a piercing done for free lol, and on top of that i mean cmon i can go buy sea salt for maybe a couple bucks for a huge bag of it. ive had friends use their shampoo too and that just makes the whole problem worse, left their dreads covered in dandruff and they said their scalp was itchy after using it. a crochet hook... thats just bad.... cant say much about the elastics ive never actually known anyone to use them, everyone else ive known with dreads used beads

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

hmm i hadnt heard that but i believe it (bout the peppa)

if all the rubbing and rolling they recomend dont get ya the products will

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

I knew the peppa was bad, but my experience with the shampoo was that it made my locks extra slick and less likely to knot up. It left a goofy residue on them and they felt oily for days

Robert Thompson
@robert-thompson
12 years ago
21 posts

yeah im glad i didnt use the lock peppa stuff, after researching it and finding that out i was just like "uh how can people use this stuff and how can people SELL this stuff?" im glad about mine that i havent used product on and dont have to really do maintenance on, theyre nice and comfy, and honestly my scalp only itches occasionally even with my hair dreading

it might be that residue and oiliness that made their scalps itch so bad with the shampoo

Tara C
@tara-c
12 years ago
644 posts

None of it is worth the money, but I imagine it's cheaper buying them all together than separately, so if people are convinced on buying the products and damaging/delaying their dreading, then at least they haven't spent as much money as they would if they bought those things separately. It's still greedy of them, but it doesn't come as a surprise that they're willing to shove more products in people's faces.

And if the lock peppa is the stuff with the same ingredients as that cat ear hair remover thing, is anyone surprised it causes hair to fall out? It's evidently what it was invented for.

soaring eagle said:

its still 35 dollars for:

• A 8oz bottle of Dread Head pro dread shampoo. 8 oz is small the shampoo sux and causes dandruff
  • A 18oz Locking Accelerator this is a joke its an 18 oz bottle ..with a spoonfull of salt worth pennies
  • A bottle of Lock Peppa useless garbage does nothing at all except make u flakey
  • A dreading comb perfect for makin and tightenn natty locks. a combs a comb worth a dollar max and u dont even need a comb
  • The Lock Sculpta a crochet hook ..very damaging never should be used way over priced as well
  • 250 Hair elastics rubber bands pennies for thousands and should neverr be used
so whats worth 35 dollars? the crappy shampoo? or the comb?

Tara C said:

I don't think it matters. They already sell these things with wax, so what difference does it make if they sell it without wax? If people are convinced they need products (wax or otherwise) to dread, they'll buy the desired products. Yeah it's greedy, misleading, full of the wrong information, but that's nothing new. It's just another way for him to make money, which sucks, but it's not like it's out of character.

I mean, if people know that wax is bad but are willing to use the other products they sell, they're gonna buy them anyway, just that now there's a kit for them rather than buying them all separately.

Robert Thompson
@robert-thompson
12 years ago
21 posts

the bad part is from friction alopecia it can be permanent

Zero
@zero
12 years ago
37 posts

lol

James Turk said:

Really dumb, I like how they say "to keep them looking groomed". I actually wonder if the people that own that company really have dreads, probably just a wig for the photo shoot.

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form