Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Second attempt TnR dreads

Robert Thompson
@robert-thompson
12 years ago
21 posts

Hello everyone, i thought it would be a good idea to kind of keep a timeline on how my second attempt at dreads develops on their way to becoming beautiful dreads. this time rather than go to a salon, like i unfortunately did last time, i got one of my friends to help me use the twist and rip method to start out my dreads. ill be putting up pictures as i go along with this as well so you can see how they are developing.

yesterday was my second day with dreads. overall definitely wasn't too bad, they were a bit messy on the sides where i slept on them but still were still solidly together from the twist and rip start.

well today is day two on my journey towards dreads. definitely very frizzy today and a few of the dreads split apart into smaller dreads while some seem to be tangling together into larger ones. some of them lost a lot of hair that just became loose that i had to go ahead and twist and rip into new smaller dreads, whereas some of the extra hair that came free i just rolled into the nearest forming dread. still loving how its going though and im excited to see how they will turn out letting them choose their own size like that. hopefully in a year ill be able to celebrate my birthday with a head of beautiful dreads =)

i will try to upload some pics that i took of my dreads yesterday and today from my phone so that i can let you all see how they are doing.

updated by @robert-thompson: 02/14/15 12:23:06PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

u dont gotta roll the loose hairs in if u leave em be they will form new natural dreads

be careful not to let them get to thick either

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Robert Thompson
@robert-thompson
12 years ago
21 posts

oh ok, i was worried with how straight my hair was if i didnt roll them into a nearby dread or something they might just keep as loose hairs, ill start letting them be. ill also be sure to seperate the ones that are starting to tangle into larger dreads. thank you =)

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

they will definitely dread on their own..your hairs dreadin like crazy

--
Robert Thompson
@robert-thompson
12 years ago
21 posts

well today is my third day, sorry i havent uploaded any photos yet, ive been having some computer troubles that im trying to get fixed up. today the dreads seem really really messy and very frizzy, but most definitely holding together and knotting up pretty well, in fact some of the random loose hairs seem to be getting pulled into some of the dreads or forming their own. ive noticed in a few of the loose hairs that there are one or two knots in them and that the dreads seem to be varying from loose to tight. its rather interesting seeing what my hair is doing on its own. still got a pair of dreads that seems to like hanging down right in front of my face which i find a bit fun, its the one i did myself and its pretty solid and seems to be taking very well to becoming a dread. ive noticed my hair has a tendency when not messed with to just lay perfectly straight but whenever i style it it seems to hold it without much effort. it also seems that after having helped it start dreading its taking to dreading pretty well, hopefully today my computer will allow me to upload some photos so that you all can see my progress.

Robert Thompson
@robert-thompson
12 years ago
21 posts

sorry i havent posted in a while, my computer has been down and i had a bit of trouble trying to fix it, had to completely reprogram it so it took me a bit to do.

well tomorrow is going to be my one week mark and my first wash, went and got the oils and apple cider vinegar i needed. im still a bit nervous about my first wash, hoping that they dont completely come apart, but they have held up pretty strong today and the past several. theyre definitely forming well i feel. every day they seem to have a new way they like to hang. i lot of them have bends and stuff in them and its interesting to see how theyre forming and growing. hopefully ill be able to find my usb cable to upload the pics ive gotten so far soon that way you all can see how they look.

Robert Thompson
@robert-thompson
12 years ago
21 posts

ok so just did my first wash today, its the 1 week marker, and i have to say that my scalp feels amazing. some hairs are loose and just hanging around but im convinced that they will start tangling with the rest and maybe start making little tiny dreads of their own too. my hairs still wet but i cant wait to see if it tightens up or what it does when it dries out. ive been sleeping with a loose beanie on but i think now i might start sleeping without it that way they can just tangle up and do their own thing, i feel the main dreads are ready for a no beanie sleep. i will probably make another post today and let you all know how it looks =). i also think from now till i can find my usb cord ill be using my phone to take pictures and upload them so you can all see the progress.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

u can and should wash lil more often

--
Robert Thompson
@robert-thompson
12 years ago
21 posts

how many times a week should i probably be washing them?

Valérie
@valrie
12 years ago
539 posts

I wash 3 times/week or 4 if I do something that makes my scalp dirty.

I think that every other day to every other 2 days is a standard for a lot of people. The cleaner the hair is the easier it will knot up because scalp oils can make the hair greasy and slick. Also, it feels good to not be itchy and dirty :)

/ 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form