Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

8 month's and no dreads....just wavy hair...any suggestions(photos coming later)

Keith Lackey
@keith-lackey
12 years ago
62 posts

I'm so lost and frustrated. My hair isn't locking up at all and just looks stringy like I just got out of the shower. The locks that I did have were looking good but now are coming apart for some reason. I am seriously thinking about cutting my hair off it nothing continues to happen. It's like the longer I wait the less my hair dreads.

Any suggestions?

updated by @keith-lackey: 02/14/15 09:58:35AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

what r u washing with how also drying

do u tie m up alot

do u messwith em alot

how long is the hair

details will tell us whats interfering'

ids it oily?

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

looked at pics they are dreadin just slow ,, but beads..beads will help alot

--
Keith Lackey
@keith-lackey
12 years ago
62 posts
I'm putting up some more pics here in a sec so you can see.I've been using the "Lockin up liquid shampoo"I always wear my hair in a tam for work, and then outside of work too, because it keeps my hair out of my face. If I have to keep pushing it out of my face my fingers will end up running through my hair.I hardly ever mess with them. I separated one congo and that's it. I just look at the rest of my hair and get pissed because I keep waiting and waiting and nothing is happening.It does get oily unless I wash every couple of days. I can't wash only one time a week, that just confuses me how that works.I'll probably redo the hair that isn't dreading to see if that will work, otherwise I'm pretty much out of options.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

lerave it loose more just dont push it out of your face being in a tam 24/7 wont let it move

washing 1 dsay less often makes it less oily

if its oily aqt 2 days wash every 3 then when its oily at 3 wash every 4

having a tam on all the times not helping

also with oily hair hot wash..cold rinse that will seal the pores so they dont pun\mp out oil

--
Keith Lackey
@keith-lackey
12 years ago
62 posts
I forgot to tell how I dry my hair. I usually pat the excess with a towel and then lay a towel on my pillow to soak up the rest while I sleep.
Timmy Kehoe
@timmy-kehoe
12 years ago
7 posts
Patience my friend they'll eventually come in mine looked like really bad bed head for about a year & half then slowly very slowly they started locing up & i Love em, enjoy the journey friend :)
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

i would leave the tam off alot ..as much as u can

--
Keith Lackey
@keith-lackey
12 years ago
62 posts
SE when you say don't push it out of my face there's one problem. It's always in my face. When I had it braided it wasn't a problem, but my hair isn't in sections anymore it's closer to straight than it was a few month's ago. I tried to wash only once a week but that was a disaster. My hair felt like it was soaked in grease. I can't see myself ever doing that again. I just don't see how hair can be clean after a week of not washing. When washing I'm still confused on how to wash just my scalp. I rub the shampoo in my hands and use my fingertips to rub my scalp but no matter what my fingers run through some of my hair. I can't see any way around that.Thanks for the advice I will keep going. And thanks Timmy too for encouragement.I am leaning toward doing another TnR session on the parts of my hair that hasn't dreaded yet and putting rubberbands on the ends. A few of my dreads came by way of just putting a rubber band around a section of hair and waiting.
Keith Lackey
@keith-lackey
12 years ago
62 posts
I finally posted some photos and I do have a couple of babies in the back at the base of my skull but I couldn't get a good shot of them.
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form