Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

8 month's and no dreads....just wavy hair...any suggestions(photos coming later)

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

dont use rubber bands use beads and if its in your face leave it in your face its that simple

and u dont go straight from washing every 2 days to every week u steop it back 1 day u dont gotta go to a week either 4 days is fine but if u wash every 2 with greasy g\hair it will always be greasy it will get lres greasy if u slowly steop it back to wash less wash every 3..untill u arent greay at all the day u wash then wash every 4

if you can go 4 without greasiness your fine

Keith Lackey said:

SE when you say don't push it out of my face there's one problem. It's always in my face. When I had it braided it wasn't a problem, but my hair isn't in sections anymore it's closer to straight than it was a few month's ago. I tried to wash only once a week but that was a disaster. My hair felt like it was soaked in grease. I can't see myself ever doing that again. I just don't see how hair can be clean after a week of not washing. When washing I'm still confused on how to wash just my scalp. I rub the shampoo in my hands and use my fingertips to rub my scalp but no matter what my fingers run through some of my hair. I can't see any way around that.

Thanks for the advice I will keep going. And thanks Timmy too for encouragement.

I am leaning toward doing another TnR session on the parts of my hair that hasn't dreaded yet and putting rubberbands on the ends. A few of my dreads came by way of just putting a rubber band around a section of hair and waiting.

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 07/10/15 08:30:18AM
Keith Lackey
@keith-lackey
12 years ago
62 posts
what would be wrong with the rubber bands? I want to use beads but I don't even know where to start as far as size goes. Does getting just get one size for each section I do sound right? Also, I could get a whole pack of rubber bands for the price of a couple of beads. With the hair in my face I'm still lost on how other people manage to keep their hair out of their faces.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

why do u have to just leave it where it is but everythungs wrong with rubber bands!

1 they cause weak spots and dents

2 they undo progress after only days because kniots form around em and taking them out takes out the knots

3 they can be completely swalowed abnd rot inside the dreads

they canmelt into a sticky gross mess inside the dreads

they can cause dreads to vbreak

they can break leavung peices inside the dradsto rot

get beads and try diferent sections till yu find 1q it decides to live in

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Ixchel
@ixchel
12 years ago
597 posts

i can't stand the hair in my face either. some days it drives me nuts, but i feel like wearing a tam all the time wouldn't be very good either. I use a headband when it's bugging me too much, or you could use abandanna?

Keith Lackey said:

SE when you say don't push it out of my face there's one problem. It's always in my face. When I had it braided it wasn't a problem, but my hair isn't in sections anymore it's closer to straight than it was a few month's ago. I tried to wash only once a week but that was a disaster. My hair felt like it was soaked in grease. I can't see myself ever doing that again. I just don't see how hair can be clean after a week of not washing. When washing I'm still confused on how to wash just my scalp. I rub the shampoo in my hands and use my fingertips to rub my scalp but no matter what my fingers run through some of my hair. I can't see any way around that.

Thanks for the advice I will keep going. And thanks Timmy too for encouragement.

I am leaning toward doing another TnR session on the parts of my hair that hasn't dreaded yet and putting rubberbands on the ends. A few of my dreads came by way of just putting a rubber band around a section of hair and waiting.
idk-kid
@idk-kid
12 years ago
1 posts

it seem like my hair is locking real slow its been 1 year an the to is still soft imma upload som pics antell me what yahh think

Valérie
@valrie
12 years ago
539 posts

I second the bandana thing. Maybe fold it and wear it like a headband, kinda like my friend did (see photo.) This way, you can keep it off your face but let them hang free the rest of the way.

updated by @valrie: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
Heather
@heather
12 years ago
1,291 posts

i bend over the bathtub and wash my hair. its a lot easier to get to your scalp without disturbing most of your hair. washing every 2-3 days is totally fine.

Heather
@heather
12 years ago
1,291 posts

sleeves cut from t-shirts make great headbands:)

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form