Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Baby Dreads. Extensions?

will Stephens
@will-stephens
12 years ago
4 posts

Hey everybody! Just made an account and would like to introduce myself and ask a quick question. I had dreads all throughout high school and got into a bit of trouble my first year of college and had to cut them off :*( I recently(Almost a month) started my new ones and they are SHORT! They barely reach the middle/bottom of my eyes and stick straight up. I was thinking about adding extensions then cutting the extensions out when my hair is where i want it to be. Any thoughts? Ideas? Is this a stupid idea or would it be alright to do? Thanks for taking the time to put your advice!

updated by @will-stephens: 01/13/15 09:20:28PM
Tied up in knots
@tied-up-in-knots
12 years ago
202 posts

I wouldn't do that. It might put stress on your baby dreads. They're new and need time to get strong.

Maybe wear a tam for a while and ignore mirrors.When you look at them again they will have changed drastically and you might not want to have extensions.

At this moment I personally feel that extensions go against what I feel dreads are about. I might change my mind though when my hair shrinks up past my shoulders though. Who knows. I highly doubt it but stranger things have happened.

Out of curiosity what kind of extensions were you thinking?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

i wouldnt as well extentions nred nearly mature or at least well established dreads to anchor onto i[or they will fall off easily'

plus they add weight and defeat the purpose of growing dreads

let thenm grow they will grow fine

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
will Stephens
@will-stephens
12 years ago
4 posts

I'm not sure. It was going to be real hair for sure, but not sure on straight or kinky. I may not even do it. Thanks for the info.

Read more: Baby Dreads. Extensions? - dreadlocks forums http://www.dreadlockssite.com/forum/topics/baby-dreads-extensions#ixzz1ntqsEFVi
the best place for real dreadlocks
Under Creative Commons License: Attribution

Tied up in knots said:

I wouldn't do that. It might put stress on your baby dreads. They're new and need time to get strong.

Maybe wear a tam for a while and ignore mirrors.When you look at them again they will have changed drastically and you might not want to have extensions.

At this moment I personally feel that extensions go against what I feel dreads are about. I might change my mind though when my hair shrinks up past my shoulders though. Who knows. I highly doubt it but stranger things have happened.

Out of curiosity what kind of extensions were you thinking?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

lets put it this way

mine started super short and sticking y]uop all over (it was fun)

ofciourse mine were natural i didnt make em they just happened

this is them tofdat]y or no actualy 4 or almost 5 yearsago

whats the point in extentions when they grow and grow and grow

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form