Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

hola, new here :)

javier m
@javier-m
12 years ago
2 posts

So, i'm javier and i've been lurking around this site for about...1 year now. I started the dread journey(tnr) on my b-day last year..may 19, i began with short hair..about 4.5in and it was all good until i realised i have some serious issues with dandruff or eczema + spent some weeks in LA with a friend, so i had lost of flakes/sand in my hair while it was all loosening up. didn't like it, spent a day and a half combing out my hair which was a horrible process. restarted my journey august 1st, 13hrs of tnr madness. looked the same as the 1st time, maybe a bit longer..as the weeks went by my hair never loosened up or unraveled..instead it was knotting up, to this day it hasn't unraveled, i can feel the changes and see them. have a couple loops, most of my hair is knotted pretty well, while the ends are curly minus the lower row of dreads on the back of my head which i didn't 'restart' they actually blunted themselves :) what is odd for me is the random stands of hair that stick out the middle of a dread. i've only had some challenges in my journey - people pulling my hairrr, people seems to be so interested in touching my hair...and the most recent issue, i just started a job in construction, wearing a hard hard is a bit weird and i'm guess it could slow down the 'process' of dreading since not much movement can go on under the hat. i guess now you can say i am going through a 'messy' stage, also the first time i've had long hair so..i like it and everyone else does so it's been great :)

i don't like taking photos of myself but for the purpose of showing peeps what my hair actually looks like here are 2, first one is a couple days after my b-day..the first 'set' or start. and this second one is 20minutes ago, i look like a wild man hah didn't wash my hair today or shave been kinda lazy this week on that)) you can actually see 2 or 3 of the 'dreads' that are more curled then knotted, don't really like them :P

don't know if i left anything out...or if i wrote too much anyways nice to meet you all :)

updated by @javier-m: 01/13/15 09:20:00PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

those aere some cool dreads!

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Naked Naturalist
@naked-naturalist
12 years ago
88 posts

i love youre dreads! they have their own character!

Ricky Aka Ricky
@ricky-aka-ricky
12 years ago
34 posts

Welcome!

javier m
@javier-m
12 years ago
2 posts

thanks, thanks! :)

is there a minimum amount of time i should go without doing bs/acv washes or just do whenever?

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

love them. I like locks with tons of loops and bumps. Keep it up

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form