Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums
Alex Cohen
@alex-cohen
12 years ago
2 posts

Hey everyone,

My name is Alex and i'm about a month away from embarking on my dreading journey. A friend of mine pointed me in the direction of this site and i'm glad he did. Just a few questions for a noobie. I am wondering if Twist & Rip would be the best method for my straight, oily hair? What would be the best method to go about removing all the residue from shampoos and conditioners? Any suggestions for holding the roots together other then rubber bands? Any responses are greatly appreciated.

updated by @alex-cohen: 01/13/15 09:18:46PM
Chris Mora
@chris-mora
12 years ago
41 posts

twist and rip does barely anything, take the advice from a person who did it. they will just fall out (most of them). start using the baking soda wash (BS wash), recipe and way to use and wash out are on the site.. somewhere. beads will knot hair and they will keep it together. salt water sprays are good and so are sleeping on wool pillowcases.

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

That's the perfect recipe. If you n't have a gallon jug, 1 Tbls BS to each cup of water is fine too. Don't use rubber bands. If you can't get them out, they tend to rot inside your locks. It's nasty. Who wants anything rotting in their hair? If you are annoyed with congo's and can't seem to rip them apart fast enough, which shouldn't be a problem for you, use beads to separate them. Beads to promote knotting, and they keep your lock contained to itself.
You don't have to use the BS wash, though if you don't want to. Dr. Bronners, or anything from Dreadlockshampoo.com are great. When you are starting out, use a liquid soap, though. bars are rougher on your scalp. With the BS wash, you don't have to scrub your scalp, just pout it ou and wait 10-20 minutes, then rinse. With any other soap, you have to scrub a little bit. Don't worry about your hair. Just focus on your scalp. As you rinse, the soap will wash through your hair cleaning it.

Thanks Chris, for getting the link to that page

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

Welcome, okay one twist and rip is a good method. The oiliness can be adjusted by what you wash with and how you wash. And two, nothing should hold the roots except knots. To remove to build up you can try Neutrogena anti-resident or the baking soda recipe

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Alex Cohen
@alex-cohen
12 years ago
2 posts

Awesome, I actually started the baking soda wash a few days before your responses, it's done wonders, my hair feels and looks much better and the luxury of not having to use shampoo every day is amazing. I've decided that after 1 twist and rip im just gonna let them go and let them do as they please with minimal seperating to prevent congos.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

congrats so u stasrted? how long ago/

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form