Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

pulling through loops?

motor
@motor
12 years ago
9 posts
dunno if anyone else has done this but (like probably most of you) my hair got kinda loopy, and some of the loops were pretty large. basically what i did was take the bottom of the dread and thread it through the loop, and pull it tight so the loop is now around the dread, think its helping one of my particularly f(l)at dreads round out. wondering if anyone else has done this and what the result was? is this recommended? will it stop the dreading process slightly? i felt the loop was too large and that it was unlikely to be sucked back in any time soon
updated by @motor: 01/13/15 09:17:50PM
YUKON
@yukon
12 years ago
119 posts

sounds similar to the way they do "sister locs" in a salon.

i know that's not what your doing, but essentially it does sound very similar.

i can't explain the process very well, but if u look it up on youtube it will make sense..

...actually here u go:

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

yikes very bad idea and might cause it to break the loops should be left alone they will suck in you just created a weak spot that will be much weaker thben the resty of the dread

never do that if u just did it and can undo it you should imediately

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

yea it was known as root flipping till everyoin e knew it was 1 of the worse things u can do so they called it interlocking so they could keep doing it now that interlockin gs known to be a terible mistake they are calling it looping or rooting

instead of stopping the damaging process they change thbe name to disasociate it from the bad rep it has

YUKON said:

sounds similar to the way they do "sister locs" in a salon.

i know that's not what your doing, but essentially it does sound very similar.

i can't explain the process very well, but if u look it up on youtube it will make sense..

...actually here u go:

--
motor
@motor
12 years ago
9 posts
Yeah that is kinda what I was doing but it wasn't near the root, it was a loop half way down but I think it's a bit late now to undo. I didn't use a latch hook or anything though, just stuffed the end through the particularly obvious loops and pulled down, sort of creates a knot around the dread where the loop was.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

a weak spots a weak spot no matter where in the dread it is it wasnt a good thing to do

the loops should be left alone

--
motor
@motor
12 years ago
9 posts
Oh well, what's done is done. Cheers for the input, will refrain from further loop-pulling-through-age.
YUKON
@yukon
12 years ago
119 posts

...so would sister locks or interlocking be an ok way for someone w/ short straight hair to start dreads provided that once they started growing out you don't re-tighten them by interlocking??? (mainly as a method to section them initially)

i had considered doing that before but didn't, and also might consider it after i have to cut my dreads in the next cpl months...looks alot better than braids

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

i w3ouldnt 1st off they are sectioned aszo tiny like 400 dreads imagine when they ware long and u gotta keep track of 400 dreads..

--
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form