Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Starting dreads soon, couple questions.

Adrian Migotti
@adrian-migotti
12 years ago
12 posts

Hi, my name is Adrian. I plan on locking my hair sometime next month, just to give it a little time to grow more and to educate myself a bit more.
I will NOT be using any sort of waxes at all, the most "artificial" thing about my dreads is that I will be doing a basic backcomb and sectioning to start them. I have already begun getting my hair used to less washes per week and will soon start using dr bronners soap.
I just had a couple questions.
As most members of society do, I have a job and I have to keep myself somewhat presentable, at my job we have to wear a hat and I am wondering if that is going to mess up my locking process, I also like to wear beanies a lot, and a friend of mine is making me a wool tam, which I would plan on wearing to "nice" events. Basically what I was planning on doing was pulling my hair back in a ponytail all the time anyways and I just wanted to make sure that it isn't too detrimental to my locking process. I already spoke to HR about my plans and they were pretty supportive they said as long as I don't do "those gross dreads that smell bad" ignorant statement I know but I plan on keeping mine clean. Which leads me to my next question, how long should I wait to give them their first wash? I plan on washing them by dipping them in a sink of soapy water by the way.
Any answers or extra advice would be really appreciated,

good to be part of the community

updated by @adrian-migotti: 01/13/15 09:17:19PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

wash em in the shower instead

dont wait to wash a few days is ok but no more

hats and opulling em back all the time can absolutely slow progress as well as make em congo more

the more u let em loose the better

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Adrian Migotti
@adrian-migotti
12 years ago
12 posts

i think i may do twist and rip instead, seems like a lot of negatives of backcombing

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

good choice

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form