dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

I just don't know if this is working :-\ *WORRIED*

WILDhyzer
@wildhyzer
13 years ago
8 posts

Hello my fellow dreadheads!!

I started my dread journey on December 4th. Just a little worried about my progress..

Used rip and twist method and rubber bands. Have been replacing the bands as they break, which is ALOT!

Have also been spraying a mixture of : 2 cups water, 1 TBSP Sea Salt, 10 drops tea tree oil, 10 drops lemon oil on my dreadys once a day in the morning. Usually roll them after that, and keep them under a bandana all day.

My worries are this, ends of my dreads are looking like they are just regular hair. They feel lumpy inside some of them, but most of them seem like they 'fell out'

HELP PLEASE :)

Much love friends

peace

Brandon~

updated by @wildhyzer: 01/13/15 09:15:42PM
west of tazzmania
@west-of-tazzmania
13 years ago
20 posts

your still in the early stages so try to keep your hands away from your locks.... IM having a hard time with not touching my hair but i play with it less and less everyday which is good... new dreads are fragile like new born babies so just let them rest lol and continue to wash and do your spray..... it has not been 2 weeks yet so its very hard and unlikely that you would see much progress if any at all

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

1 take out the rubber bands dont wear the sbandana all the time and the ebnds are perfectly fine just the way they are leave m alone

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
WILDhyzer
@wildhyzer
13 years ago
8 posts

thanks for the responses. took the bands out, guess i just have to let it go huh? feel like my roots are really really oily, just washed today with the BS wash, might not have let it sit in enough. should i re wash?

just one more question.. after takin the bands out, the sections in the back all disappeared, and some of the sections in the front but not all. does the answer still hold true, just let em be?

appreciate the feedback, will try to refrain from being a rookie dread head ;)

much love

peace

Brandon

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

disapear completely? how longs the hair?

how are u doing the bs are u usualy very oily?

--
WILDhyzer
@wildhyzer
13 years ago
8 posts

by disappear i mean the sections disappeared. it doesn't look like i have dreads really anymore, except for a few solid dreads randomly around my head. my hair is about 8 inches long, and gets oily after about one day of not showering.. i mixed 1/2 cup of baking soda in a two liter bowl with 10 drops tea tree, 10 drops lemon. soaked for about 2 minutes in the water before shower, dumped slowly over head until all of it was gone. let that sit in there for about 15 minutes or so, rinsed under shower for about 2 minutes, lightly squeezed dreads. is this the correct process? and do you have any insight about drying methods?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

dont sqqueexze and dont worry biut em coming loose and dont shower everyday the more u wash the more oily u get

u gotta slowly adjust so go every 2 days then every 3

if u can get to every 3 or 4 without being oily yoir good

add sea salt to the mix

and drip drty is best

just a gentle shake then air dry

--
WILDhyzer
@wildhyzer
13 years ago
8 posts

OK, thank you for your help eagle, i will get back here in a week or so, hopefully they keep going :) i just have crazy straight hair, maybe thats why i'm so worried... oh well, just gunna let go, maybe other worries will fade with them :)

much love

peace

Brandon

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form