dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Looking for some help with 5month old dreads

scott LANGFORD
@scott-langford
13 years ago
24 posts

Hi all,

well ive had dreads for about 5months now and am loving them but need some advice on maintaining them a bit. Basically my hair was 15inc long or so and i back combed it all rather than any other method. I have rolled a little and tried to round the ends off too, which has worked n some.

The main thing im looking for help with are loops, which i seem to have a few of and the tips. I backcombed all of the ends and the really whispy bits left i have now cut off so at least if they loosten they still look flat rather than a bit messy.

How do i get nice knotted tips/ends.

Whats the best way to remove loops.

The loose hairs that come out whats the best way to get these knotted in as the rolling ball and pushing in method is lame in my opinion.

thanks in advance :-)

updated by @scott-langford: 01/13/15 09:15:10PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

stop it all

stop pushu-=[ing loops in loops are nesacarty

stop messing with the tips they are better off loose as water then drains out the ends and they dry 5 times fasdter with loose tips

you need loops to dread palnm rollingys pointless

all dreads need is washing and seperating

the loops will mostly pull in on their wmature

they dont need to be fixed

ends look silly whejn u fioorce them to be rounded

just let them do what they do

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
scott LANGFORD
@scott-langford
13 years ago
24 posts

The loops have just formed over time. Im not back combing anymore.

I need to tid the tips and the drying is not an issue. I either round the tips off to tidy or get rid, for work, so i just need the best method.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

you nreed to explain to the work that tips dont naturaly round on most dreads an d its more benificial if they stay loose as rounding the tips makes them dry way slower so are more likely to get mildew and stink

then ask why its more professional to stink then have loose tips

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form