Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

why beads and not rubberbands

angella
@angella
13 years ago
13 posts

so why do they say do not use rubberbands at all but i can use beads to seperate? dont get it even if i get the rubberbands that dont ruin my hair and dont put them in tight then please someone tell me the diference thank u xo

updated by @angella: 01/13/15 09:15:05PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

beads have a finite size hole and dont constrict but thats only 1 reason

rubber bands the knots form around them they get swallowed they dry rot they melt into the dread even after just days taking them out undoes progress

they arent meant to be iused to seperate all that much but to decorare however they hold em rtogether and help em dread faster

rubber bands squeezze leafvging indents and weak spots

a bead fits on and doesnt squeze constantly

they dont melt into a sticky mess inside the dread they cant become swallowed inside the dread to rot there

rubber bands are nothing byt trouble

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
angella
@angella
13 years ago
13 posts

k i have one more question and i just posted a pic for ya i have 20 of these tiny ones my hair is starting to grow back but i was put on an antidepressent i was allergic to and half my hair fell out so i quit takin it so thats why its so much thicker in the before pic now that these are sectiond off and i know im gonna have tons of hair growing back in is that gonna be a problem or will they just grow in to the ones i got or will it be like a birds nest all around my dreads? and do u think my dreads are to small i made them that small because i know how much hair i have coming in but i could only make 20 because my hair is so thin now grrrr

and thanx so much for the info above i have just wood beads in now i like em ALOT more they arent breaking all the time and they aint scattered all over the house they reall were a pain in my ass but im also glad to find out that they are used for more than decoration because if not for them i think i would have a 1 big congo in the back of my head thanx again xo

angella
@angella
13 years ago
13 posts

ps- and do u think theses ones will thicken or am i gonna be waiting on my hair to grow back?

angella
@angella
13 years ago
13 posts

just posted a better pic so u can get an idea of what im talkin about xo

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

welll about the thickness question they will thicken up to the size of the root area and 20 dreads will be big fat dreads

the new hair growing in will either join a dread or become a new dread on its own

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form