Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

loops and matted at the roots...help!

Maddy Wozz
@maddy-wozz
13 years ago
6 posts

I've been dreading for about a month and a half now. I have loops, S's and my dreads are even matting up at the roots. i've tried seperating them, but they're pretty locked in together. i think its because i don't palm roll religiously. i've added some photos so you can get a better idea. is there ANYTHING i can do to fix this? [and please don't say that i have to re-do them, because that's not happening!!]

updated by @maddy-wozz: 01/13/15 09:14:15PM
Jeremy Boone
@jeremy-boone
13 years ago
42 posts
Looks pretty normal to me, you don't need to palm roll it's not very effective lol I learned the hard way you gotta let it go and once you do they start to look so much better when they do their own thing! Happy dreading!
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

palm rollings useles the loops are nesacary and normal the roots though do need seperating badly and it looks like some sections in the back maybe huge

ive never palm rolled ion my life

not once

but u got to seperate those so you dont eb=nd up with 2 megadread

do it whebnwet use lil olive oil on the roots to make em easier to seperate

seperate often to prevent this from happening again

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Maddy Wozz
@maddy-wozz
13 years ago
6 posts

ok thank you much! its really hard to seperate some.....theyre pretty locked. i hear my hair start ripping on a few of them....should i just rip my hair then?

Kathleen
@kathleen
13 years ago
28 posts

I have had mine for almost 4 months and mine start joining if I miss one day separating. I do mine once in the am and once in the pm everyday because of how much mine want to join. I get that ripping sound although because I keep up with them it's more of a snapping sound. My husband is one month behind me in dreading and he isn't too good about keeping up with them and sometimes his makes that ripping sound. When you separate you need to pull them apart all the way to the scalp, and you have to do it to all of them. Especially at the beginning. Once they start finding their place and locking more you will find only certain ones will try to join and it gets easier to do the separating. Until then, do it at least once a day while they are having the issue, especially after they get wet. Good luck!

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form