Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Help dry locs

Osiris Phoenix
@osiris-phoenix
13 years ago
12 posts
Baking soda rinse my hair yesterday....Today my hair is dry, I put aloe vera in it n it seems to help.Any suggestions on keeping your hair from being dry?
updated by @osiris-phoenix: 01/13/15 09:14:09PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

did u dio the acv after? alkoes a good addition bs wikl dry u if u dont do acv after..

if u really want amazing feeling dreads try this stuff www.dreadlockshampoo.com (new site coming in the next couple days ive redesigned the whole site and shop the new 1 will be up by tuesday i believe

bs makes your hair very alkaline the acv makes it acidic like it should be and will make it feel much better

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Osiris Phoenix
@osiris-phoenix
13 years ago
12 posts
No, I didnt acv after, I will do next time..Any advice on how to fix it w/o acv?
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

acv or aloe or acv and aloe

--
Angel Frye
@angel-frye
13 years ago
409 posts

What about a 1:1 ratio of water and vegetable glycerin? You can get vegetable glycerin in any store like Walmart in the pharmacy area. Typically in a smallish glass bottle. Shea extract should be able to help, too. Shea is very fortifying for the hair. Oat extract, too.

www.fromnaturewithlove.com is a great place to check out extracts.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

im not sure really but id suspect veg glycerin would leave a residue thats hard to remove..but i could be wrong..

--
Angel Frye
@angel-frye
13 years ago
409 posts

I'd love to be a guinea pig for this but my babies aren't doing so well right now and I need to keep drying them out and leave my hands out of my hair. Suave really did a number on me.

Vegetable glycerin is the humectant naturally formed(it's a by-product) by the soap making process(saponification). Soap makers like Dial, Dove, Zest, Irish Spring and all the rest actually EXTRACT that humectant and then sell it. Glycerin is cheap but it's the most awesome ingredient I've ever encountered. It's the closest I've ever found to aloe as a substitute. On the skin aloe can leave a tacky feel while glycerin is absorbed and is smoothing.

Any guinea pigs available who have matured dreads which are really on the dry side for comparison? It's dirt cheap in the pharmacy area. And a 1:1 ratio is the perfect natural skin moisturizer I've ever used. When getting in the shower the next day I never noticed any sliminess to my skin like it was just hovering there on the surface.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form