Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Backcombing question

Matt Matt
@matt-matt
13 years ago
25 posts
I have a question for anyone who used the backcomb/neglect method. About a week after I backcombed my hair, a good amount of my dreads sort of loosened up. They didn't completely fall out but they're a lot less "dready" now. Just wondering if this is normal or if I should re-backcomb them tighter. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks!
updated by @matt-matt: 01/13/15 09:13:50PM
Flea
@flea
13 years ago
9 posts

Its completley normal, it will tighten up again.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

never ever rebackcomb backcomb can fall apartcompl etely they woll loosen upo r fall apart ..let them

they will dread anyway

backcomb was an unesacary and damaging step a step that fails fairly often but u cannot rebackcomb or u just add damage and reverse progress

just leave em aloe

if u giot bands in take them out

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Matt Matt
@matt-matt
13 years ago
25 posts

Thanks for the responses! I knew backcombing wasn't necessary but I didn't know it was damaging. Oops. And nope I don't have any bands in. Just gonna let my hair do what it wants to now.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

yea hairs covered in scale like cuticles when you comb against the grain they are pried open permenantly so they no longer fiunction they shiould open and close in responce to heat cold moisture dryness ph changes etc this alows moisture penetratiin then seals it in etc once its damaged its easier to add motre damage from heat chemicals etc

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form