Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

2 months and a head full of dreads (kind of)

Gavin Brooks
@gavin-brooks
13 years ago
22 posts

Hello everyone of Dreadlockssite!

First off, I want to thank everyone here for their help with me and my dreadlock journey. It has been an awesome one and I am so excited to see where it will go in the future. You guys are truly awesome.

My story. So I decided that I was going to start doing dreadlocks in January of last year. I started with REALLY short hair ( Screen%20shot%202011-11-12%20at%2010.19.01%20PM.png ) and, after about 7 months of doing neglect, I got tired of no progress. So my friend and I TnR'd my whole head. Of course, they were completely loose and not tight anywhere, including the roots. So when I went to the beach, thinking that they would get tighter, they all just came loose. I had to redo about half of them multiple times. I got tired of that too, after a while. So I finally went to a loctician who backcombed them and then used this gel (don't worry, it wasn't wax. I made sure before I came in that she wasn't using wax.) After about a week and a half, the majority of them came unravelled because they didn't tighten up naturally and were forced into it. I am not downing the loctician at all, she was really cool, but i would have come in multiple times, at about $45 a visit just to keep them locked up. I have no money, so I just decided to screw it and washed and combed out all of the remaining dreads. For about a month, I just let my hair get longer and longer (we are at about 8 months since I decided to grow dreads at this point.) until I happened upon all the old youtube videos and all the posts i made on this website that got me so stoked into getting dreads in the first place. So I am happy to say, after two months since i restarted my dreads, i have 8LEGITIMATELYTIGHT dreads. I am a very sentimental person, so that is why i decided to go with neglect, just because i know that I will have a memory for each lock and they will all have their different meaning. So below are some pictures of one of the locks that I have, my hairlength, and my first congo!!! I put a bead on it so it wouldn't get too big.

Thanks so much for reading and God bless all of you!

updated by @gavin-brooks: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

awesome and see alot more dreads on the way

see all u had to do was let it grow a bit

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus