Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Where to get essential oils online?

Dreadfern
@dreadfern
13 years ago
21 posts

Heey guys! So I've been online looking up essential oils for my BS rinse... and holy jeebus are they typically so damn expensive!?!? one site was charging over 70 bucks for 4 freakin ounces of lavender oil. I wanna start my potion buuut i really can't afford that steep of a price :| ......Where do some of you get your oils ? Online or at a local apothecary? There isn't really anything near me (I don't think) that sells essential oils in larger quantity so I think shopping online is my only option... help?

updated by @dreadfern: 01/13/15 09:13:41PM
Cathy Givans
@cathy-givans
13 years ago
44 posts

Lavender is expensive, so is rose oil and tea tree oil. It really depends on the scents that you go for. Even locally, I pay almost $12 for a one ounce container of lavender and about the same for tea tree. Bergamont, Eucalyptus, Camphor, Grapefruit, Lemon Eucalyptus, Peppermint, Orange, Lemon, and Wintergreen tend to be a little less expensive. Camphor and Eucalyptus have an almost Vicks kind of smell but they are great for wintertime with the onset of cold and flu season. If none of those appeal to you, go for one ounce bottles or half ounce bottles. You usually don't need very much and by ordering the small bottles, you will have your brew but also a little time to save up for the bigger bottles.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

http://www.mountainroseherbs.com/index.php?AID=122110

4 oz is a huge bottle that would last 5 years

1 oz is big

typically ppl buy underr an oz 1/2 1/4 i buy 1 oz and they last many months

i really recomend this site

some are hu=igh tho lemonbalm as an example is expensive

most are 5 bucks each and last months

--