Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Loose roots and frizzy dreads!!!

Alek Peters
@alek-peters
13 years ago
3 posts

Hello I am new to the forum and thought I would start with a question that has been on my mind. First I love my dreads, they are a little over three months old and looking awesome. My method was I sectioned them backcombed them then put them in rubber bands. they have been out of rubber bands for about a month now and a lot of them are locking up in one way or another. My questions first I have a lot of frizz that I don't know how to deal with and my roots are still really loose and I don't know what to do about this either. I would love any help that can be given and if anyone has any ideas I would appreciate them. THANKS!!!

updated by @alek-peters: 01/13/15 09:13:15PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

1 u never should have had rubber bands in them not for 1 day or 1 week let alone 2 months

i hope yu got them all and dont have dry rotting rubber trapped inside the dreads

your at 3 months they should be fuzzy with loose roots

they will be for many more months

dont do a thing but ignore the fuzz and loose roots they wuill fix themselcves as they mature

i reallly hope the rubber bands didnt cause weak spots or get swallowed and are now a gooey gross mess inside your dreads

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Alek Peters
@alek-peters
13 years ago
3 posts

I found out about the rubber bands by reading the forums and once i saw enough about them I took them out. I am positive that I got them all out I even had someone help m to make sure I got them all out. I also thought so about my dreads I just wanted to make sure nothing was wrong with my own personal dreads instead of reading about other people's dreads. Thanks!!!

soaring eagle said:

1 u never should have had rubber bands in them not for 1 day or 1 week let alone 2 months

i hope yu got them all and dont have dry rotting rubber trapped inside the dreads

your at 3 months they should be fuzzy with loose roots

they will be for many more months

dont do a thing but ignore the fuzz and loose roots they wuill fix themselcves as they mature

i reallly hope the rubber bands didnt cause weak spots or get swallowed and are now a gooey gross mess inside your dreads

Frank Schuster
@frank-schuster
13 years ago
95 posts

Hi Alek!

We almost started at the same time and everything your are writing is totally normal and similar with

my stage. Glad you got the rubber out!

Post some pics!

SpaceGhost
@spaceghost
13 years ago
37 posts
Hey! I started exactly the same as you, backcombing, sectioning and bands. Mine are only a week old fromToday though!My roots are loose and my hair is fuzzy, it's normal. I suspect the roots will tighten and dread themselves over time..You should post pics :)
Alek Peters
@alek-peters
13 years ago
3 posts

Thanks I have pics I just need to get them up on here I created the account today because I had questions so and I was in kind of a hurry

SpaceGhost
@spaceghost
13 years ago
37 posts
Cool! Itl be great to compare them to mine, seeing asWe used the same method

Alek Peters said:

Thanks I have pics I just need to get them up on here I created the account today because I had questions so and I was in kind of a hurry

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form