Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Dread hq shampoo

SpaceGhost
@spaceghost
13 years ago
37 posts
Are dread hq's shampoos okay to use? I brought their starter kit though am stopping use of their wax. Am I able to use the shampoo and sea salt based locking accelerator?
updated by @spaceghost: 02/14/15 08:50:10AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

send it back the shampoo is all harsh chemicals somew cause cancer its toxic crap

the sea salt is 2 cents worth of salt for 10 bucks

i would neverr use a thi g from them..

the shampoo will cause dandruff

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
SpaceGhost
@spaceghost
13 years ago
37 posts
I see. I will use it until I find somethig better. It can't be THAT bad, considering it was made specifically for clean, tight locks.What about this so called 'lock pepper' - despite the chemicals, is it bad or good?

soaring eagle said:

send it back the shampoo is all harsh chemicals somew cause cancer its toxic crap

the sea salt is 2 cents worth of salt for 10 bucks

i would neverr use a thi g from them..

the shampoo will cause dandruff

Lena fellenius
@lena-fellenius
13 years ago
9 posts

no dude, dont use that crap. just leave your dreads and use real sea salt as a locking device. trust me

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

lock peppaw does nothi9ng at all but afdd flakes to yiur hwead its actualy a product sold for removing cats ear hau=ir

do not use it

and yea it can be that bad i would noyt ever use a thing from that site

--
Gabe McCoy
@gabe-mccoy
13 years ago
120 posts

I disagree I've used many different dread shampoos and I surprisingly think dhhq is one of the best. It is all chemicals though. I'm ordering there new organic dread soap and Imma see what I think of that. But no as far as the shampoo goes it does it's job, it keeps your dreads dry, it washes out really easily, I like it. I would recommend adding a lil tea tree and rosemary cause it will dry your scalp. SE I believe what you're thinking is dandruff is probably actually dry flaky scalp, people confuse dandruff and dry scalp all the time dandruff in fact is actually a seborrheic scurf that forms on the scalp and comes off in flakes, very few people actually develop dandruff but many people get dry scalp.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

nah many ppl have said dhhq crap causes dandruff from hell

and it causes dry scalp cause it is very harsh chemicals

--
Rachel NattyDee
@rachel-nattydee
13 years ago
53 posts

Throw it away and buy some baking soda and apple cider vinegar. Listen to SE - He isnt selling anything so his advice is worth taking on board...

Gabe McCoy
@gabe-mccoy
13 years ago
120 posts

Yea cause 99% of people don't actually know what dandruff is. Dandruff can occur on a scalp that's too dry but also on a scalp that's too oily so it isn't the same thing as just having a dry scalp. My close friend who's a hair expert told me that it's one of the most common misconceptions about hair, if someone actually had dandruff they would be rushing off to the doctor to find out what the fucks wrong with their head. That shit is all chemicals though basically no readable ingredients so for that reason I would try to find an alternative but you were just asking how well it actually cleans, so for that I gotta say it works well for me. It's drying because it's supposed to be drying as it's made for new dreads that need to be dry to start dreading I guess some people get flakes from it, not me though. It would be impossible though for just the use of a shampoo to cause dandruff. But yea just use what works for you

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

i believe the shampoo even contains wax like the butta

i could be wrong

but i wouldnt ecer use anything from them

--
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags