Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

beginning dreads

Maest
@maest
13 years ago
3 posts

So I am very new to dreads and very very unaware on what to do. I have been doing some research online and I started 4 doing the twist & Rip method then I used wax on the ends. Now finding out that wax is bad I am going to discontinue the use of wax. The more research I do I want to do it as natural as possible. I have straight semi thin hair so I would love to know the best way to approach for that type of hair. I also used a few rubber bands for sectioning. Should I remove those as well? I am very lost on what to do but very excited. Anything would be helpful. Many blessings to you all!

updated by @maest: 01/13/15 09:12:17PM
Sunshine
@sunshine
13 years ago
34 posts

yes, take the rubber bands out. and in the words of Soaring Eagle," throw away your brush" and let the dreading begin. if you want to do it nauturall then just let it be, what do you wash your hair with?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

remove the bands and wax in fact remove the sectioning

you said u want to do it naturally as possible

stop combing

thats it

change how u wash and dont comb

it sections itself

then dreads itself

no rubber bands no wax no forcing it

the wax has to be removesd so u might as well comb those 4 ouit and remove the wax

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Maest
@maest
13 years ago
3 posts

ok This is so helpful. I will comb everything out wash my hair really good to get it out and then let the naturalness begin. I usually use a french organic shampoo but I picked up some backing soda at the store. So glad I am only a few days in when I found your site!

Sunshine
@sunshine
13 years ago
34 posts

good luck! keep us updated on how your journey is going!

Maest
@maest
13 years ago
3 posts

Hair washed and ready to do its thang. Here's to a beautiful journey!

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form