Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

My Hair and My scalp, I need help . . .

Louis Hall
@louis-hall
13 years ago
11 posts

Hey, been a while since my first post on here. When I last posted I was saying about my scalp and how I couldn't start dreading because I was using this medicated shampoo etc. Since then I have finished with all of that and my scalp was left with bad dandruff and as I have read many discussions on this website I am aware that the BS washes and AVC rinses are meant to help out your scalp against this problem. I've been playing around with it for a while just messing with different dilutions. I stopped combing my hair and washing it this way for about 15 days now and at first it seemed to really clear my head up. Recently i've noticed that my scalp is still flaking but they are just loads of little flakes. I was wondering if this is probably just the last remains of dead skin leaving my scalp as it was like a thick layer of dandruff on my scalp or if it sounds like my head is disagreeing with this form of washing. Also I just ordered some Dr. Bronners in case that is the case so I can do some washes with that like once a week aswell. I am currently washing my hair every 3-4 days. Was just wondering if anyone else has these sorts of problems when they started or is something wrong. Any advice would be great :P

Peace and love

Louis x

updated by @louis-hall: 02/14/15 12:02:58PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

u using the oils too?

add teatree rosemary and maybe pepermint and see if that dont help but the oils wont fix things instantly they will improve it over time

sunds like your making progress but not 100% there yet tho u may never get to 100% u shoulfd be able to get close if u add the oils

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Louis Hall
@louis-hall
13 years ago
11 posts

Yea i do add the oils :) i put tea tree, lavender and rosemary and i just bought the peppermint dr.bronners. I know that the oils should help as my mum is an aroma therapist so I asked her advice on them. I think I was just freaking out a bit cause I was expecting it to be a little more instant but i suppose i will have to learn patience :) thanks for the advice though, already feeling a little more calm about it. I'm hoping it will slightly improve as dandruff seems to be falling out every were at the moment

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

are u using esentiakl oils or aromatherapy oils?

--
Louis Hall
@louis-hall
13 years ago
11 posts

essential oils

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

and how are u mixing the bs/acv

--
Louis Hall
@louis-hall
13 years ago
11 posts

do the bs, by eye think its about 3 quarters of a cup in a mixing just, bout 10 drops of tea tree and about 20 drops of the lavender and rosemary.

For the ACV I put about a capful or two into the same amount of water

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

how much water?

i use 1/3 to 1/2 cup to a galon

--
Louis Hall
@louis-hall
13 years ago
11 posts

about 2 litres so bit more than half a gallon I think

Frank Schuster
@frank-schuster
13 years ago
95 posts

Hey Louis!

I use 3 Tablespoons BS for 0,75L water and only use 2 drops Teatree + 3 drops lavendar ond 3 rosemary.

Think 10 of teatree might be too much. I felt a sore skalp just using 4 drops of teatree. I went down with the teatree and my dandruff went away completely!

And my advice is rinse very very good to avoid that old dead skin stays on your head after the wash.

Good luck!

/ 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form