Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Soak or rub?

Tamy Autumn
@tamy-autumn
13 years ago
9 posts

So I've been washing my hair with baking soda/water/essential oil mix. I'm loving how clean my scalp feels afterward BUT I'm experiencing bad dandruff and also looks like sores on my scalp. I make the baking soda into a paste and then rub it on my scalp.. I'm thinking friction will remove dirt and dandruff. And then I rinse it. But am I suppose to be massaging my scalp? Or just pouring the BS mixture over my head and leaving it, and then rinsing? And will apple cider vinegar help with the dandruff? And that too, do I just pour it onto my head and let it sit? I know these questions are probably answered somwhere in the forum but my internet connection is unbelievably slow right now so it takes forever to open up forum posts.

Thank you :)

updated by @tamy-autumn: 01/13/15 09:11:46PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

your making it way too strong burning the hell pout of the scalp

u want 1-2 tablespoons per cup

pour on soak 10 min no paste no rubbing

then rinse

then do the acv then rinse

its a no scrub method

baking soda scrubs and exfoliates on its own

but if u make it that strong your frying the scalp making it too alkakline to be healthy

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Tamy Autumn
@tamy-autumn
13 years ago
9 posts

Holy moly!!!! For real?? Ahhhh whoa am I glad I posted this then. Thank you so much :) Will do that tonight.

Gabe McCoy
@gabe-mccoy
13 years ago
120 posts

Yea that's WAYYY too much! :O but as for your other question it's all personal preference, I like to massage my scalp to get the full benefits of the essential oils I'm using

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form