Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Judgemental people.

Emilee F.
@emilee-f
13 years ago
12 posts

I really want to dread my hair, but everyone around me is telling me it's a bad idea. I know they think dreads are dirty and don't understand. And I know I should just do it anyways, because it's MY hair and not theirs, but I can't help but be discouraged. I mostly just need someone to talk me IN to getting dreads. I already have three and I LOVE them.

updated by @emilee-f: 02/14/15 11:03:54AM
Troy FootsoulJah Leavy
@troy-footsouljah-leavy
13 years ago
21 posts

Haha seems like you have already talked yourself into getting them you just want someone to push you off the edge of the cliff lol. Well let me tell you jumping off the cliff is such a liberating experience, you begin to laugh at the judgments that you use to find condemnation in. You are free to do as you will, so go and let your hair become amazing dreadlocks. I gurantee it will be one of the most liberating experiences you can physically do.

Castaway J
@castaway-j
13 years ago
585 posts

man its people like that that helped me to realize a lot. "no dreads are gross, dreads are dirty, youll look like a bum and a jumkie, or just plain ol 'eeeeew' " its comments like that that seriously just make me say "watch me." and as you see my clean frickin dreads progress your going to have a change of heart. hasnt even been a week and these poeple are open minded about it already :) honestly just be true to yourself, otherwise you may end up living a lie...

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

when you walk down the street with these same ppl a year from now and ppl are yelling "nice dreads" from accross the street and ignoring the scared lil conformists your with will it matter that these few ppl wre so unsupportive?

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
hippiegal
@hippiegal
13 years ago
182 posts

You have those three, and many other people here to help you take that leap and soar with you.

Castaway J
@castaway-j
13 years ago
585 posts

"just let go" my friend.

Emilee F.
@emilee-f
13 years ago
12 posts

Thank you! This definitely helped, and just plain brought a smile to my face!

A push off of the edge of the cliff is exactly what I was looking for. It's settled. My dreads start now. Any other handy tips?

Castaway J
@castaway-j
13 years ago
585 posts

keep your hands off your head lol next to being patient, this is almost hard when you have baby dreads forming lol

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

how are u starting them?

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Emilee F.
@emilee-f
13 years ago
12 posts

I want to try just natural, but I have very fine, pencil straight hair, so maybe twist and rip. That's how I did the three I have.

If I start with twist and rip fort an inch or so, will they form the rest of the way, or just unravel? Because I don't want them crossing a whole lot. I have random other stands wrapped into my dreads, and they always get pulled because it's not supposed to be there.

Thank you all!

/ 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form