Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Going for freshly retwisted look...need help

Sampson
@sampson
13 years ago
18 posts

I've almost cut my hair I dont know how many times, and I'm trying hard to get my hair to dread. Its been since march, and my hair just isnt dreading yet. I think interlocking it was a BAD idea when I started them. I just hate the AFRO with locks coming out of it look. How can I keep my hair so you can see the parts and such all the time. I dnt want a fuzz ball with dreads coming out of it. I want my hair looking neat and fresh all the time. I want to stop using wax, but nothing else keeps my hair neat. Its thick afro-centric hair , that is more wavy then curly.

Any ideas on how I can keep it looking freshly done all the time without wax ?

updated by @sampson: 01/13/15 09:10:46PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

ok 1st its not dreading cause u used wax untill the wax is removed it will not dread and 2 u do not want the parts showing! that will lead to traction alopecia which can lead to permenant balding your hair should have the afro with dreads thats how hair dreads thats healthy the im going bald look is not healthy that is scalp damage

stop falling for salons ideas of neat and tidy that is just severely damaged

step 1 remove the wax

steo 2 wait for it to dread

it will take time but the wazx is preventing it from happening

once the wax is gone do nothing but wash and seperate

u do not want dreads bereaking off u do not want permenany baldness

as u force the roots to be too tight u cause traction the hairs pukklled in way too tightly and tythen comes out if u l]keep twisting that can become permenant and if u remove your dreads u will have tiny patches of hair surrounf]=ded by scalp

why would u want that

just get the wax out thats all

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

id mix the oil with water and pour it on to get a more even distribution

just add it to yoir rinse but not too much its kinda a heavy oul

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1