Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Backcombing and what happened with me.

Gavin Brooks
@gavin-brooks
13 years ago
22 posts

Hello dreadheads! I have been on this website for a while and i have really enjoyed it. A few things. First off, around january of last year, i decided i wanted to get dreads! I went through all the youtube videos and all of the sites and i happened on two very helpful places and people. First, the youtube channel "eyeheartchrist". His videos are inspiring and helpful for the dreading process. Also, i came upon this website. After hours of research, i decided i was going to do neglect dreads. However, around 6 months, i was getting very discouraged due to little progress. (My hair was about 3 inches when i started, so i don't really know what i was expecting for such short hair). I decided that i was going to twist and rip them. My friend and i did it and they just kept coming undone after every time. I then went to a loctician who backcombed and my hair. Within a matter of a week, they had come completely undone. I then just combed out my hair and just started letting it grow. I wasn't able to pay to get them re-dreades so ijust gave up for the time being. My hair is now 8 or so inches long! I stopped combing my hair about three days ago and started using Dr. Bronners soap to wash every couple days. The results i have had in those days were more than i had in those first 6 months with my short hair. I do believe that length has a big role to play in how well your dreads grow. Here are some pictures of my natural, neglected hair. Not dreads yet, but could be very soon! thanks for reading and God bless all of you!

Photo%20on%202011-09-19%20at%2022.56%20%232.jpg

Photo%20on%202011-09-19%20at%2022.56%20%233.jpg

Photo%20on%202011-09-19%20at%2022.56.jpg

updated by @gavin-brooks: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

yea great post and yea all u bn eeded was lil length and ya know the loctician must have known u needed more length yet still had no problems taking your money

when that 3 days becomes 3 weeks give us an update im bettin u found a few dreads by then

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form