Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

so i was wondering...

logan
@logan
15 years ago
4 posts
i have had my dreds for a year anda half, put maybe fifteen total hous of work if that.i was wondering how i could lighten them moreso than they are, i bleached my hair before i put em in again, then i would like to dye them and was wondering what would be the best way to go about doing such, and about how long such colorants might last in, then thidly id like to know how i could use my loose hairs at my scalp to make a couple smaller dreds if i could, im thinking i might have to wait til theyre like 6 inches long and then doit, but all help or thoughts would be greatly appreciated, logan
updated by @logan: 01/13/15 08:27:46PM
Jo
@jo
15 years ago
176 posts
If you are looking to lighten your hair I'd say go with lemon juice. Just spray some in and sit in the sun. Or if you are looking for a complete color change I'd look into henna dyes. Regular box dye can really damage your hairand weaken your dreads
Spider Feet
@spider-feet
15 years ago
458 posts
Like Jo said, regular hair dyes and hair bleach will rape your hair but if you are dead set on it try lemon juice or hydrogen peroxide first. You can dye or bleach your hair but if you do make sure to wash it really well.
Jo
@jo
15 years ago
176 posts
peroxide can be pretty damaging too, I'd stick with the natural stuff. Anubis said:
Like Jo said, regular hair dyes and hair bleach will rape your hair but if you are dead set on it try lemon juice or hydrogen peroxide first. You can dye or bleach your hair but if you do make sure to wash it really well.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
lemon juice is best but works very gradualyyou might go just a shade lighter a day and have to reaply daily for a while but it is the best waythe scalp hair will dread soon at about 6 inches it should start

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form