Dreadlocks Forums

One month in concerns and questions

Lexi
@lexi
13 years ago
20 posts

Hey so,

It's been about a month

I wash my hair every other day with 1 cup water/1tbsp baking soda/ 5-6 drops lavender (I have really thin hair)

I don't really have much progress. It's looking a little nappier but, nothing is really forming

except I have one knot? in the bottom of one small section , but it's kind of separated from like the main hair...as in I could probably pull it out if I wanted and mainly the problem that I have is that there seems to be some white fuzzies in my hair, no clue where they came from but theres just little white fuzz where my hair has barely started knotting...I already deknotted one to remove the fuzz so now i'm wonder maybe I should just leave it or... idk

also, i'm wondering if there's something I can do to speed up the process, I tie my hair up with a hair tie semi-tightly pretty regularly so I'm wondering if that's inhibiting it?

any other tips are so greatly appreciated it.

updated by @lexi: 01/13/15 09:09:29PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

what do u mean i see alotta progress if that pictures u

and what do u sleep on thats probly causing the fuzz

and yea domt tie em up tightly

if u can avoid tyoing em up at all u should but if u must its best to tie 1 sdread rig=nd the rest

or use something loose to tie em with

sea salt speeds things up

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
0n3L0v33 <3
@0n3l0v33-3
13 years ago
4 posts

I have very thin hair myself i did the twist and ripmethod but before that i had stop brushing my hair and left it down and it started locking up so im sure if u leave it down more it will speed it up cuz when u let ur hair move its able to lock inbetter and as far as the fuzz im guessing its from whatever ur sleeping on or wearing :) have fun on ur journey

Heather
@heather
13 years ago
1,291 posts

i have thin hair too and it took me a good 5 -6 months for knots to start happening. it was just basically sectioning and such before that. its very discouraging but it will happen. i would add another 1/2 -1 tbsp more of bs. it will give your hair more grip so it can knot easier.

Lexi
@lexi
13 years ago
20 posts

I got some really good "real" salt, and I have a couple knots, like three. I think my biggest problem was tyin it up tight everyday, although I'm a little worried because around the knotted area, I have a lot of hair trying to come out but it's still knotted in it's just not attached to my head, is this a good thing?

besides that it's going well, thanks for the advice

:)

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

its toaly norrmal your knotting up fine now

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Tara C
@tara-c
13 years ago
644 posts

Yeah it's normal, different parts of your hair knot up at different times, just keep doing what you're doing :)

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form