Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Continuing on once removing the wax.

Uncle Ugbee
@uncle-ugbee
13 years ago
4 posts

A friend of mine used backcombing, hand-rolling, and wax to create my dreads a little over a week ago. I have been palm-rolling them in the mornings to prevent them from staying flat.

I am going to attempt to remove as much of the wax as I can tonight.

Does anyone have any advice as to what methods of maintenance I should use post-wax removal? Will palm-rolling help them dread? Or would I just be doing mindless, and senseless work?

I was looking for a topic about post-wax removal maintenance; however, I was unable to find a thread on it. If there is one, a link would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for any help.

updated by @uncle-ugbee: 01/13/15 09:09:09PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

palm rollings totaly pointless

byr wax removal is nesacary

let me explain to you the wax palm rolling relationship

wax prevents movement so after u backcomb no new knots form so no dreading whatsoever

however palm rloling and waxing compressed that lil knottiness into wax and it hardens so it appears to be tightly dreaded

when the wazx is gone theres no need to do a thingcause the hair can move and knot and dread

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Uncle Ugbee
@uncle-ugbee
13 years ago
4 posts

I figured palm rolling coincided with the wax, thanks for the clarification on that.

As for doing nothing, just let them be?

Also, have you ever heard of people using "Mane n' Tail" as a method of removing the wax? A friend of mine suggested that it worked when they attempted to remove wax from their dreads.

soaring eagle said:

wax prevents movement so after u backcomb no new knots form so no dreading whatsoever

however palm rloling and waxing compressed that lil knottiness into wax and it hardens so it appears to be tightly dreaded

when the wazx is gone theres no need to do a thingcause the hair can move and knot and dread

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

i never heard that but its possible it can remove some but alotta ppl tgink that uits all gi=one just cause they cant feel it only to find its caked inside em years later so that might remove surface wax easily but nt whats inside but its worth a try tho very hot water and dawn dish soaps vbetter and vinager soaks too

and leave em alone except to wash and seperate

Troy Manley said:

I figured palm rolling coincided with the wax, thanks for the clarification on that.

As for doing nothing, just let them be?

Also, have you ever heard of people using "Mane n' Tail" as a method of removing the wax? A friend of mine suggested that it worked when they attempted to remove wax from their dreads.

soaring eagle said:

--
Uncle Ugbee
@uncle-ugbee
13 years ago
4 posts

As for the Vinegar Apple Cider method, i found this on YahooAnswers. Fairly accurate?

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=AlGvFUhx1BNLuQ7lsooeC6_ty6IX;_ylv=3?qid=20081209043315AAKlST2&show=7#profile-info-vsNehWvmaa

Thanks for the speedy responses!!!

soaring eagle said:

i never heard that but its possible it can remove some but alotta ppl tgink that uits all gi=one just cause they cant feel it only to find its caked inside em years later so that might remove surface wax easily but nt whats inside but its worth a try tho very hot water and dawn dish soaps vbetter and vinager soaks too

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

no u d o not want the lemon u do not want the fizzy thats an unwanted chemical reaction

but thats a deep clean recipe for eeveryday cleaning not wax removal to remove wax undiluted vinager soak it good then squeezze the dreads out like a tube of toothpaste rot to tip squeezing out all the softened wax then scrub with very hot warer and lots and lots of dawn dish soap and agressive scrubbing

repeat long after u believe its all gone

--
Heathen Hippie )O(
@heathen-hippie-o
13 years ago
164 posts

I have no idea about the method, but use distilled white vinegar, not acv if it's for wax. And you don't want to mix the vinegar and the bs, some people do, but you probably shouldn't. Make sure your hair is rinsed of the bs solution before adding the vinegar solution. It looks like this link you posted is for regular washing, not anything to do with wax. If reg washing is what you're looking for, I think the solutions are a bit strong. We have hard water... but I use 1 tablespoon of baking soda per cup of warm water, and 1 tablespoon of acv per cup of water. They stay separate of course, and I usually need 2 of each. I wash warm and rinse cold.

Troy Manley said:

As for the Vinegar Apple Cider method, i found this on YahooAnswers. Fairly accurate?

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=AlGvFUhx1BNLuQ7lsooeC6...

Thanks for the speedy responses!!!

soaring eagle said:

Uncle Ugbee
@uncle-ugbee
13 years ago
4 posts

ok, so soak in vinegar, ring out.

Wash with hot water and dawn dish soap, rinse. (repeat this step multiple times)

Wash hair with dread soap.

rinse.

dry.

Do I have the steps correct? Or am I still misunderstanding.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

yea thats pretty much it but if that dont get it all u might have to step up to 1 of the orange oil based solvents

wax is really evil crap to get out of drads in fact most ppl prefer to start over if theyre in the 1st month its really the best thing to do if your only a week in just combh out scrub with dawn then twisrt n rip onot backcomb

--
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form