Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Hair pulling at Root

Kathleen
@kathleen
13 years ago
28 posts
I just started my dreads via loose TnR on spiral curly coarse hair about 10 days ago. It is starting to pull in the root area of a couple dreads. One was getting so bad, it felt like someone was constantly pulling my hair. I had to pull out some of the offending hairs to relieve it. What should I do about this happening? Can I prevent it? What do I do about the loose hairs that I pulled out of the dread? Could it be that when I TnR I twisted it the opposite of which way the hair normally spirals? Or is this normal? Any help would be great : ) Thank you!
updated by @kathleen: 01/13/15 09:08:45PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

if u pulled unevenly when tnr'ing the few hairs pulled tightest will be supporting the entire weight it hould settle down in a lil wgile but what u dids fine too and dont do nothing with the hauiirs u pulled out just leave em alone

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Kathleen
@kathleen
13 years ago
28 posts

Thank you SE : ) I appreciate it. By the way, I had a great time watching your Rainbow Gathering Video's! I can't wait for the next one : )

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

coool :)

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
ExaltHimx7
@exalthimx7
13 years ago
336 posts
That's one hazard of TnR, your hair might not want to go where you put it. My head was getting sore where I had TnR's that I had not combed out (I left about 8 because they had really locked up nice). I just this week split up several on top of my head, separating where it hurt from the rest of the dread. It feels SO much better'] I actually love the natural ones that formed themselves. Good Luck Chica!
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form