Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

How to use aloe

Johnny Barnas
@johnny-barnas
13 years ago
45 posts

I would like to tidy my dreads up a bit and everyone says that aloe works nice for that.

After I extract the gel from the aloe vera leaf, how should I go about getting it in my dreads?

I imagine youd palm roll, but how much per dread?

Thanks!!

updated by @johnny-barnas: 01/13/15 09:08:37PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

why are you tidying up typur dreads?

if your dreads are younf]g you shouldnt unless u really really have to

like a wedding or formal event

why cause aloe conditions and will slow progress anfd proloung the messy stages

now if u really must then just smear it on or spray it on or palm rioll (whatever the heck that is i still never figured that out) it on it dont matter as long as its on as it dries it shrinks and opulls everything in

i would not bother unless u have a weedding or somerthing to go to

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Johnny Barnas
@johnny-barnas
13 years ago
45 posts

ahhh okay

the aloe can wait

thanks!

soaring eagle said:

why are you tidying up typur dreads?

if your dreads are younf]g you shouldnt unless u really really have to

like a wedding or formal event

why cause aloe conditions and will slow progress anfd proloung the messy stages

now if u really must then just smear it on or spray it on or palm rioll (whatever the heck that is i still never figured that out) it on it dont matter as long as its on as it dries it shrinks and opulls everything in

i would not bother unless u have a weedding or somerthing to go to

Terry Cour II
@terry-cour-ii
11 years ago
3 posts

i was wondering the same thing. i am getting married next year and would like to tidy my dreads up for the ceremony.

the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

Congrats for your upcoming nuptials! To extract the Aloe from a fresh mature plant, just cut off a large leaf, use a rolling pin a & go from tip to cut, put plastic underneath to catch the gel . Put some in your hand or fingertips and go down each dread from top to bottom. Don't rub up and down, you want the hairs to stay in one direction. May I suggest you try it before the wedding day...By that time your hair will be mature, so you just might have to put it in your hand and use palms to gently do large areas at a time, not each dread.....Peace

Terry Cour II said:

i was wondering the same thing. i am getting married next year and would like to tidy my dreads up for the ceremony.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form