Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

tons of loose hair

Chris Atchison
@chris-atchison
13 years ago
11 posts

i have tnr " dreads " about 2 months old....loose hair doesnt really bother me but my dreads in the front have tons of loose hair WAYYYYY more than anywhere else on my head i guess i just wanted to see if this was something that normally happens or if I am slowing the locking process by wearing a crocheted band to keep my have back at work (pretty much the only time awake lately) any advice or tips would be appreciated

P&L

updated by @chris-atchison: 01/13/15 09:08:35PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

hairline always has more loose hair but the headband might be adding to it some

but the front and arounfd the hairlines alwatys gonna dread slowest

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Chris Atchison
@chris-atchison
13 years ago
11 posts

right on thanks man

i think i might try not wearing it back for a while...also whats the general concensus ona latch hook...not a felting pin or anything like that just a latch hook

Devon
@devon
13 years ago
19 posts

I'm in the same boat Chris! My hair has been dreading for about two and a half months, and I have tons of loose hair in the front. Did you have bangs before you let your hair dread? This shorter section of my hair just started staying together recently, but there's still plenty of free hair. I bought a crochet hook to weave the loose hairs into the dreads, but they ended up popping out again so I don't recommend trying it. Just be patient... I figure it'll work itself out.

Heather
@heather
13 years ago
1,291 posts

i would say 2 months is way too soon to be worrying about loose hair. your always going to have loose hair but it will probably take a year or more for the loose stuff to knot up. no tools necessary.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

no hooks no crochet no latch hooks just get used to it

your at 4 months they are barely beginning to dread let them

get used to doing nothing to them

let them do all the work for you

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Chris Atchison
@chris-atchison
13 years ago
11 posts

word...it is pretty awesome not doing anything but washing my hair

Chris Atchison
@chris-atchison
13 years ago
11 posts

yeah i guess i kinda had bangs i just gave up on cutting my hair for a couple years...

Sage Wonders said:

I'm in the same boat Chris! My hair has been dreading for about two and a half months, and I have tons of loose hair in the front. Did you have bangs before you let your hair dread? This shorter section of my hair just started staying together recently, but there's still plenty of free hair. I bought a crochet hook to weave the loose hairs into the dreads, but they ended up popping out again so I don't recommend trying it. Just be patient... I figure it'll work itself out.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form