Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Locs- 1 year maintenance ?'s

chris3
@chris3
13 years ago
5 posts

I've had locs for almost 1 year. I would usually go to a loctician to get it fixed up but soon saw that it came to be very expensive monthly. Now I maintain my own hair. After you wash your hair (every 2-3 times a week), how and with what tools i.e. shampoos, wool tams, shea butter, tea tree, clips or pins,should I maintain my hair with? I'm half black/puertorican so my hair fights the locking process lol. Any suggestions guys?

Christian

updated by @chris3: 01/13/15 09:06:21PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

um no it does not fight the locvking proceewss u just screwed yoiurself on the locking process by going to a loctician 1st we need to know what they did to you and reverse that the expence is only 1/2 the provlem everything locticians do is wrong wrong wrong

your lucky your not bald

after u waszh walk oit tjhe door

the end

every now and then after u wash go through =them to find any that are growing together and seperate them by pulling them aparrt

the end

do not twist do not pin do not do nothing

use shae or aloe or jojoba as needed to moisturize if too fdry

thats all

you wastes a hell of alot of money doing nothing but harm

so what did they do to you all this time?

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

oh god twisting...and crochet?

dude all i can say ids u got a year or 2 of not topuching it at all in ordser to recover from all they did to you! crochets extremely abad..twisting too

just do nothing

think youd pay thousands of dollars to have someone do nothing?

well thats what u sshould have done all along

and they told you your hair wouldnrt dresazd easy? they lied to take your money

--
chris3
@chris3
13 years ago
5 posts

Hey what's up Soaring. Yeah so basically I started the lock process with my friend. She would twist my hair and then pin it to my scalp every two weeks for about 3 months. I went to South Beach for the next 6 months whereI went to a loctician who would also twist/palm roll my locs and because the front of my hair was very curly she back combed and palm rolled the front locs. Around the 9 month mark all my locs started to "dread".

Basically a typical session with a loctician: wash my hair, use some type of gel to "tighten" my locs. twist at the root, contnue down the rest of the loc and pin it to my scalp, then they would let it air dry. Every time that would cost my $60 a pop. So you were sayingto pretty much neglect my locs and they will form on their own? Even the root( newgrowth)will start to mat?

Thanks dude,

Chris

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

ofcourse

u realize locticiands never existed b4 10 years ago

but dreads existed forecver

traditionaly all dreads were alowed to form on theyr own

if dreads dread withiut dsoing a thing what makes u think new growth wont too?

over 1/2 the ppl here have never done a thing to dread

they just let them haoppen

]its that easy

annd all that twisting will do is thin the drwads weaken the roots cause em ti break and..can make you go bald opermenanrh]ly

u never want to keep twisting them

just wash..and seperate..thats all

so let me guess

300 or more to start 60 a ..what month?

take a guess at the total ammount u wasted and u never had to spend a cent

--
chris3
@chris3
13 years ago
5 posts

Oh yeah dude, $60 a pop about 15 times so yeah that's a good amount of money gone but no looking back only forward ya kno?! Send me a link with biblical references talking about dreadlocks. Thanks

Chris

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

in the religios spiritual significance forum catagory theres a whole long discussion about biblical refferences to dreads

i tried reading that story and i got only a few dozen pages in to a point where it was page after page after page of so n so begot so n so and lived to be 500 years old and had 39 kinds and they begot so n so and lived 378 years and had 67 kids and had to wonder how anyone can believe the incest and ppl living hundreds iodf years yet the worlds only a few thoudsand years old and all that

and well theres alotta strange sc=ience fiction novels out thrre that are way easier to understand so anyway point is never got past the 1st chapter b4 gave up on trying to make sense outta it

bhur there is alotta info in that discussion

--
chris3
@chris3
13 years ago
5 posts

lol, for sure. thanks.

Chris

Mary
@mary
13 years ago
140 posts

I went to the loctician process as well so I know how costly it becomes on a monthly basis. To make matters worse I would leave the salon and think "Damn, I could have done that at home.

So now I do. I purchased an overhead dryer($29), some lock, twist, rasta lock gel ( I was too lazy to hunt down an aloe plant or aloe gel from the local vitamin shoppe) .

I plan on going natural soon but I don't like to throw away things, so that is why I am using these products until I run out. Wash your hair, (liquid black soap) Then palm roll. That is if you want the salon experience.

chris3
@chris3
13 years ago
5 posts

OH yeah, after talking with SE he's making me think neglect vs manicure. See my friend and I were having this discussion about "neglect" or natural dreads and "manicured" dreads. Basically I see it as yourdreads, my dreads, his dreads, all of our dreads are like little children. There are two ways for a child to grow. Either by living on his own, learning life through his own experiences (natural method)with repeated trial and error until he/she understands how life works, or there is a child who has a guide or guardian and he shows the child the ways of life (manicured), what to look out for and to be cautious ofuntil he has "matured" to be able to live life on his own. Who knows how each seperate child will grow but who can really say one way is better than the other? That's how I see dreadlocks to be so whether you go natural or manicure your dreads here and there, as long as you're happy thats the only thing that reallymatters :)

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form