Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

official dreadlockssite.com "certified organic dreadlocks" award for ethical, non harmful loctitians

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
we all know dreads happen without the need for loctitions, however its pointless to believe loctitions will cease to exist. so, as a way to limmit the harm caused by unethical loctitions we are announcing the development and implimentation of the official dreadlockssite.com certified organic dreadlocks award.this thread is the development stage.in development what i want is 1 of our members with great graphics kills to create a certified organic button.second, developing the criteria for certification.the certification standards should be high.once we have the standards set in place and the award button image creatted we will create a page of officialy approved loctitions worldwide.before they can be certified theyre practices will be subject to revue. including all methods products and maintenance recomendations.(depending on responces to this we may concider also awarding it to loctitions who are willing to offer both approved organic practices and non approved alternatives, id personaly preffer if its only awarded to the most ethical of loctitions, but im willing to concider expanding that.alongf with the award they can put on theyre page and a link in our directory of approved loctitrions the award button will link to a page here of users reviews with the certification guidelines published so users can review wether theyre treatment followed the agreed upon guidelines.so lets start brainstorming on guidelinestheres no hurry, i want to think it over thoroughly and launch it in about a monththis gives us plenty of time to perfect the idea,.

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 01/13/15 08:27:31PM
☮Izzy-licious☮
@izzy-licious
15 years ago
183 posts
Love this idea SE!!!! I can't wait to see the input that is given and am working on some ideas already!
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
we could maybe also have a wall of shame list of the worse of the worse

--
Iain
@iain
15 years ago
844 posts
seems like a good idea that could have an impact in time
Spider Feet
@spider-feet
15 years ago
458 posts
Obviously locations that don't use wax, I'd say totally vegan/organic locations that will backcomb, tnr and crochet but give proper dreducation on each including positives and negatives. Less focus on which methods are used, more on proper usage and being healthy.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
ok i could go along with that if they did provide proper education on the advantages and disadvanteges of each. id preffer if they also did tnr as a standard and left backcombing and especialy crochet as an optional that came with warnings.the organic cert should be strickthowever if they didnt get cert organic that wont mean they get on the wall of shame list unless they used a lot of wax or worse, or like some loctitions who are all out scams or use such rediculouse methods and products they wont become dreads without many repeat visits and excessive harm done. Puppy said:
Obviously locations that don't use wax, I'd say totally vegan/organic locations that will backcomb, tnr and crochet but give proper dreducation on each including positives and negatives. Less focus on which methods are used, more on proper usage and being healthy.

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
ok, so heres a proposal1: no wax use ever2:provide accurate info on the advantages and drawbacks of every method.3: let the clients know that all hair will dread without any help or cost, and that locticians can and should only add some control to the process through sectioning and starting knots to fit the styling desires of the client (thick or thin, uniform or naturalish)4:do not schedule follow up maintenance visits, explaining that they are not nesacary, however be availible if the client wishes them.5:provide every client with approved printed materials that explain the certified organic philosophy, and provide some form of proof of receipt by the clients. (for ethical reasons this does not have to be on paper, but instead if the salon choises not to create signed written acknoledgments then they should have the clents agree to a possible follow up call to revue theyre treatment and ensure they received the printed material. (only between 1-5% of clients will be contacted, unless there is ever an infraction, then 20-25% for a year)6: the salon must agree to have theyre practices examined and reviewed either in person by 1 of our members who are local, or if unavailible to have a number of clients contactable to be interviewed. in general this will be a 1 time thing just to be certified with spot checks to ensure continued complience.7: a page here will be setup stating they are apporoved organic, this page will have comments enabled, and a card with the address of that page will be supplied to the clients as well.8: thgese comments will be reviewd anualy for complaints that may lead to remolval of certifucation.anything else?when we settle on the certification guidelines i'll work on the approved organic philosophy and requirel=ments for pronted materials..and templates for the pages..and finaly 1 of you artistic types can work on the actual award button which will be linked to a page explaining what it means with links to the good list the list of shame the review rules and finasly to this site for more infolotsa typos im really tired but i do my best thinking and worse typing in this state..lolso..input? ideas? critisisms? additions subtractions rejections ..any inoput at all?

--
Nicole Hills
@nicole-hills
13 years ago
2 posts
AWESOME IDEA!!
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form