Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

The Beach

Shelby Dawson
@shelby-dawson
13 years ago
23 posts

I just got back from the beach and ive heard tons of people say how swiming in the Salty beach water will help your dreads lock up, Im just confused a little cause i was nervous at first, this is my second time starting dreads due to swimming in a chlorine pool and ruining them i had to take them out, anyways i didnt know how it was going to end. But i got my hair wet with the salt water and i dont feel any different, this is week two or 13 days and i havent washed my hair yet cause im scared that my dreads will unravel oh also i dont have any dread shampoo or anything cause i havent gotten around to ordering it on the computer and i dont see it at any public stores. Please please please anyone help me.

updated by @shelby-dawson: 01/13/15 09:05:48PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

you got to be washing them the chli=orindidnt ruin them you taking them out ruined them

go into your kitchen look for baking soda wash with that

what "dread shampoo" were u goung to order online anyway?

just use the baking soda and wash them wash yhem wash them washing helps them

how did u start them?

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Shelby Dawson
@shelby-dawson
13 years ago
23 posts
I use twist and rip method.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

they look good so go wash them right now and be sure u seperate the roots often

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Mary
@mary
13 years ago
140 posts
Your pictures are huge, they take forever to load. Just wash them with some natural soap ( Dr Bronners, Black soap, etc) and you will be fine.
ExaltHimx7
@exalthimx7
13 years ago
336 posts
Hi Sweetie--they look great to me, just keep 'em clean and separated. I use 1/4 to 1/3 clarifying shampoo with 2/3 water and add about 1/2 teaspoon baking soda to that mix. It works well for me. longer than 3-4 days between wash isn't good, they must be clean to dread. I wash about 3 times a week, unless I swim in chlorine pools'] Good Luck!
Shelby Dawson
@shelby-dawson
13 years ago
23 posts
Thanks for all your help you guys!
ExaltHimx7
@exalthimx7
13 years ago
336 posts
']
Dislike 0

Tags