Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Did I do something wrong?

Antony
@antony
15 years ago
80 posts
A week after I set up my dreads they started to kind of "Fluff up". But, soon after that, it just started to look less sectioned. Like its all normal hair just messy. The part that looks more like dreads are the under layers, especially in the back. I also noticed that the roots are a lot less knotted.Will this fix with time?
updated by @antony: 02/14/15 08:49:30AM
Didjeridurian
@didjeridurian
15 years ago
292 posts
Did you backcomb?Sounds like if you did the backcomb effect is losing hold and now they are gonna just dread at their own pace.Dont re-backcomb if thats what you did. Either let it go or twist and rip.Do alot of saltwater rinses too. That helps me a ton.
Thomas
@thomas
15 years ago
26 posts
The roots will be every changing on new locks I find.. the same roots that were loose on my dread are now more matted and begingin to dread... You just do the little you can day by day but in the end you kinda let it run it's course
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
yea backcombing tends to be relatively useless they will dread up the salt rinses will help alotu got a wool tam?

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Spider Feet
@spider-feet
15 years ago
458 posts
Sounds about normal. I have a pic somewhere of my second set when I first started them and they looked about like what you described.
Antony
@antony
15 years ago
80 posts
Yeah, I should get a wool tam.A little bit ago, i was just randomly twirling my hair and it suddenly looked as it did last week (my profile pic) soaringeagle said:
yea backcombing tends to be relatively useless they will dread up the salt rinses will help alot
u got a wool tam?
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
thats all i ever did was twiddle..but twiddling u should sorta be sure your niot unknotting knots..its noyt always easy to know wether your creatting or undoing knots so just dont overdo it

--
Iain
@iain
15 years ago
844 posts
yeah that sounds about right, I thought my hair was just one big fucking mess at that point.
Antony
@antony
15 years ago
80 posts
So I guess I should do that a little bit every once in a while.BTW these are Twist and Rips soaringeagle said:
thats all i ever did was twiddle..but twiddling u should sorta be sure your niot unknotting knots..its noyt always easy to know wether your creatting or undoing knots so just dont overdo it
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
should i wouldnt say should i only did it kinda mindlessly while working a boring job and didnt even know i was doing it..if ya have a habbit of playin with your hair its ok as long as its not excessive.usualy y n r holds together better then backcomb but its still just a matter of it readjusting and finding its waysea salt and wool tam will do u the most goodyour also just a week or 2 in..they do alotta crazy things early on..just seperate em semi often and give em time.. in 2 months take a look at the progressby then you'll see what theyre doin better Fiend Jester said:
So I guess I should do that a little bit every once in a while.
BTW these are Twist and Rips

soaringeagle said:

--
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form