Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

thin hair, and a family history of balding

pokolo
@pokolo
13 years ago
59 posts

so i have been trying to grow dreads doing the neglect method for a year now... did the baking soda/acv was, switched the dr bronner's

i realize with neglect method it may take a long time, my hair isn't exactly dreads yet, but i do thing it is trying to

someone recently said to me that i have thin hair, and he thinks it will be impossible for me to grow dreads... could he be right?

he also asked me if i have a history of baldness in my family, which i do, on both sides of the family

i have an older brother whose hair has started to fade

my mom said if i was going to go bald it would have started already though (i am 22) so hopefully i get lucky, but obviously it's a concern for me

is my hair a lost cause? do i have to try another method, like backcombing?

i have tried TnRing but i can't get he hang of it... it also never stays together when i've tried it, maybe i am not doing it right

none of my friends know anything about making dreads so i can't ask them

i live in the philly, pa / trenton, nj area in case anyone is willing to help me out at all

thanks for any advice, help & knowledge!

updated by @pokolo: 01/13/15 09:05:42PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

im in the phily area

but thinness shouldnt matter unless its extreme extreme thinness

tho im guessing oiliness might be slowuing u down a bit

tnr is easy u just gotta get the technique down right

how longs the hair have u been using sea salt or wool

toss a wiool swaeter over your pillow and do a few sea salt rinses and see if it dont help over next xcouple weeks

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
pokolo
@pokolo
13 years ago
59 posts

haven't been able to find wool

have been doing some sea salt recently

my hair is a little past my shoulders

ExaltHimx7
@exalthimx7
13 years ago
336 posts
I'm in Atco, NJ. I'd be willing to tnr for you...let me know...Nancy
andy macleod
@andy-macleod
13 years ago
15 posts
hey im in scotland, but im coming to NJ in october for my bro's wedding so if you still need help then then give me a shout :)balding also runs in both sides of my family, every man, usually by the age of 22, so i have the same hopes my friend! haha
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form