Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Dreading methods ?

Denny D
@denny-d
13 years ago
2 posts
Just wondering what the best way to start dreading with my hairi have straight hair (asian hair)im thinking about perming it then twisting but i don't know i need opinions or more suggestion of what i should do
updated by @denny-d: 01/13/15 09:05:34PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

noooo no perms the worse thing u can do!

best way stop combing wait for dreads

yea it will work in yoir type hair

next best twist and rip

the dread perms the worse thibng there is and the last thing u should ever try

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
sarah8
@sarah8
13 years ago
5 posts
im in school for hair and perming is THE WORST thing you could do...especially if you have fine asian hair, after you get it done your hair seems ok but the damage doesnt kick in for about 2 weeks AFTER its done...NEVER DO THAT!!!!!
Mary White
@mary-white
13 years ago
27 posts
I learned from experience.. and vanity.. that perms are NOT WORTH IT! I had always wanted curly hair.. so.. duh.. got a perm.. My hair was so brittle and horrible that it would break and fall out. If you permed your hair and tried to dread it.. It would all just break. Just be gentle with it. I used twist and rip for somewhat instant dreads and now they are just doing their own thing..
Denny D
@denny-d
13 years ago
2 posts
i mean i tried the twist and rip and it doesnt seem to work , my hair just goes right back to being straight....i feel like i have to use wax
Mary White
@mary-white
13 years ago
27 posts

What helps is to not use conditioner or shampoo for at LEAST a month before trying TNR.. Use Baking Soda and Water to wash 2 TBSP BS to 1 QT warm water.. rinse that out with clean water, then pour 2 TBSP REAL apple cider vinegar in 1 qt of water over to rinse. That will clean your hair and keep it healthy, but not make it slick. It will feel a bit coarser and will be easier to lock up. Also, definately make sure your hands are clean (not oily) and your hair and hands are DRY. If you want you CAN use rubber bands to hold the sections apart and the roots in place for the time you are doing them. After all are TNR'd though.. I would remove the rubber bands from the roots, and place a bead that will fit on ends, near the tips.. so they won't come apart. I had rubberbands in mine to hold them together but they started melting and breaking in my hair, and I had to use tweezers to pull them out. Never again. If this doesn't help.. I can find something else! Oh... please don't use wax! Your hair will be HELD in place, but as soon as that wax *washes* loose,.. so will your dreads.. It doesn't help lock them.. Just gives an illusion of being locked. It's sticky and nasty, too. I threw my wax away.. I will never do that again!

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

nonono wax wax prevents dreading stop conditioners switch t a dread freindly wash and add sea salt it probly wull start to dread on its own if not then do twist n rip add on a bead or 2

but how were u twist and ripping if u wernt doing it right then yea it will fall apart

but 1st thing u should do is prepare the hair

change how u wah and whith what and how often strip away oils and built up conditioners

try a clarifying shampoo fpr a week or 2 then let it dread

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form