Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Feel Like Giving Up...Please HELP!

Cathy Givans
@cathy-givans
13 years ago
44 posts
Okay, so I had some dreads that were coming out (I was washing too much, now only twice a week.) No biggie really. Just start over, right? WRONG! I have been using Dr. Bronners to wash and diluting it pretty good but as I was messing with the dreads taking them the rest of the way out and found that they felt gummy. It's kind of like peeling a sticker off of something and not getting all of it off. That's what it feels like. So, I wondered if I had just gotten something in my hair. I have kids, so who knows, right. It was all the same area that the dreads came out, so figured I would check somewhere else. It's everywhere. Not all of them, but a lot of them. Mostly at the top. So, I have just left it alone. Haven't done anything besides baking soda wash...which dulls my hair BAD (hard water problem maybe?) but better than feeling like I have gum in my hair. It's still there. It's not coming out. Could the Dr. Bronners have left residue that I can't get out? I don't want to take all of my dreads out. (I didn't take them out to check, just kinda played with them to get to the inside.) I love my dreadies. Is there anything I can do to get this sticky feeling out of my hair and what the heck can I use that won't make me look like I am 60 with white hair or leave gunk in my hair? I don't want to use apple cider vinegar till my hair starts locking more cuz it makes my hair too soft.
updated by @cathy-givans: 01/13/15 09:05:06PM
Cathy Givans
@cathy-givans
13 years ago
44 posts
Oh yeah. And I didn't use wax or anything. Just plain old dr. bronners.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

sofdts not a problem but bronners will leave youir hair sticky in hard water

options

add boax to it

rinse with distilled water

switch to something else treuy a clarifying shampoo that removes gunk

nutragena opr duave both make 1

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Cathy Givans
@cathy-givans
13 years ago
44 posts
I bought a purifying shampoo from the beauty supply store but was afraid to use...would that maybe work for now?
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts
soft--borax..try...suave its 4 am too tired to corect typos lol

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Cathy Givans
@cathy-givans
13 years ago
44 posts
lol, it's late here too. was getting ready to go to bed but came to see if anyone else had the same issue as me before I headed off because i have been trying to google an answer for days. then i saw there was recent activity so figured i would give it a shot.
Ron2
@ron2
13 years ago
7 posts
I've had this issue too, my solution was neutragena t-gel. Give it a good scrub.
Heather
@heather
13 years ago
1,291 posts
its definitely the dr. bronners. you most likely have hard water and castile soaps won't rinse out and will leave you with a sticky residue no matter how much you dilute it. definitely get aclarifying shampoo. suave, neutrogena,prell. any of those will do. my personal favorite is desert essence lemon tea tree shampoo for oily hair. its a natural shampoo that's easy to find in most health food stores.
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form