Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

6 month Journey

Jace Beleren
@jace-beleren
13 years ago
10 posts

Im just now leaving my 6th month so I guess you could say its my 7th. I retwist my dreads just about every 2-3 weeks. im not really sure how they should look right about this time so i came for guidance.

i wash them every 2 weeks but ive been told that i should do it every month. That same person also said just "let em chill". He feels I retwist them too often and they arent dreading because of that.

any suggestions?

updated by @jace-beleren: 02/14/15 10:43:45AM
Amy Ratliff
@amy-ratliff
13 years ago
5 posts
They look pretty good so far! Your friend is right to an extent..you just gotta let em' ride. They'll do their thing and form. I would probably wash once every 3 weeks and retwist after that...that's what worked for me..
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

u do retwist way too often u never want to retwist at all retwistings very bad and u want to wash them more often not less often

but stop retwisting completely

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

why are u twisting at all? twistings only for african hair

u should be washing way more
Amy Ratliff said:

They look pretty good so far! Your friend is right to an extent..you just gotta let em' ride. They'll do their thing and form. I would probably wash once every 3 weeks and retwist after that...that's what worked for me..

--
Jace Beleren
@jace-beleren
13 years ago
10 posts
thank you both, but just wash them and dont retwist at all? how exactly are they going to dread, if i may?
soaring eagle said:

u do retwist way too often u never want to retwist at all retwistings very bad and u want to wash them more often not less often

Amy Ratliff
@amy-ratliff
13 years ago
5 posts
How often do you wash yours and with what? I came here to get advice and tips...and some of the ends of mine are getting frayed and I'm not sure how to fix that..
Jace Beleren
@jace-beleren
13 years ago
10 posts

and when you say African does that include African American Also cause i am African American O.o lol

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

they just dread washing helps dreads dread hair dreads by leavung it alone

where do u think dreads came from? salons? no dreads came from not using combs ..by letting the hair do what it wants ti do hair dreadss that is the natural state of hair

Jace Beleren said:

thank you both, but just wash them and dont retwist at all? how exactly are they going to dread, if i may?
soaring eagle said:

--
Jace Beleren
@jace-beleren
13 years ago
10 posts

I wash mine every 2-3 weeks or whenever it starts toitch like hell if it hasnt been 2-3 weeks yet. I use the shampoo version of the Mango and Lime. Same company.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

african is a race african american is a race that has been relocated to a diferent nationality you are african she isnt twists will not work at all in her hair in yours they work but shouldnt be retwisted once they hold together

Jace Beleren said:

and when you say African does that include African American Also cause i am African American O.o lol

--
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form