dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

new here!/wax removal aid

Moonchild
@moonchild
13 years ago
12 posts

hi everybody! I love you!

I have been looking at this site for quite some time now and finally became a member. my dreads' 1st birthday is coming up in july. they were done by backcomb/crochet method (i know.... i know) and i used wax twice (i know... i know...) within the 2 weeks after getting them done. then i found you guys and stopped! i also switched to the ACV/BkSda wash/soak once a week. i know there is still some wax in there and I am willing to invest in the bodysplash oil that everyone is hailing, however my concern is that because my dreads are so tight and thin that it will be hard to get the product really IN there to get the wax out. any comments or similar experiences? my dreads' width is about the size of half my pinky, so they are pretty small. will it just take a few rounds and soaking? i am willing to invest the time. any comments you have are greatly appreciated.

i've included 2 horrible photos so that you can (sort of..maybe) get the gist of what I've got.

also, is it cheaper for someone to sell the product to me or for me to buy it myself and become a member even though i' won't buy anything from that site after this (i don't buy stuff off the internet world, ever. but this time i make exception) let me know if it is and you can sell it to me :) i'm in bc, canada.

thank you, brothers and sisters.

peace and love--

mnchild

updated by @moonchild: 01/13/15 09:04:47PM
ExaltHimx7
@exalthimx7
13 years ago
336 posts
Hey Moonchild, I can't help with your questions, but welcome to the site, I KNOW you can find the help you need here..xo
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

there are alternatives that u can try that are cheaper

the knotty and nice bar when they start to sell it again for instance

u can also do this

undiluted acv soak really work it in squeezing it into the dreads well wash that out with very hot warer and lots and lots of dawn dish soal

u can asdd orange oil (esential oil) to the bs orange oil is the base for body splash

u can get industrial strength yet safe solvants made from orange oil called dissolveit or gunk out

however these are strong enough to disolve glue caulk and tar so (and aparently rubber bands) so try it du]=iluted at 1st its probly sagfe full strength but o tr=est that maybe snip off some ploose hairs and drop em in a lil in a glass and let soak overnight if the hairs still ok in the morb then go ahead and try it

im sure its afe bu better to test 1st or try du]iluted to be sure

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form