Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Need some opinions

Billy Schurman
@billy-schurman
13 years ago
20 posts

so my hair is about six inches in length, pretty poofy almost to the point of "jew fro". i have wanted dreads for about 3 months but havent really been able to do it till now for multiple reasons. unfortunatly i already know its almost 95% likely i will have to shave off my locs off this fall. I am an actor and my director for the show im going to be in this fall will not want to cast me in a major roll if i keep my dreads. so should i bother at all? and if i should would it be pointless to go all natural because they wouldnt even really be locs by the time i would have to shave them off? would tnr be a better soulution?

I really want dreads but im not sure what ishould do about my problem. any advice would be greatly appreciated.

updated by @billy-schurman: 03/27/19 05:35:36AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

sure they will cast you never heard of wigs? actibngs all costume and makeup they can make a 16 year old look 80 and a dreadhead look bald

dont worry bout it

just dread it up

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Billy Schurman
@billy-schurman
13 years ago
20 posts
thanks for the opinions. I am still not sure however which method I want to go with. I would love all natural but I am worried it will take a long time before i even have anything resembling a dread.
Kai Rayne
@kai-rayne
13 years ago
72 posts
Go natural. You can always cover them if you need to. I'm sure they won't look like what you'd expect dread to look like after that amount of time, but they will be dreading. When I think of dreads, I envision mature dreads, not baby dreads. I did TNR and after two months, they loosened and fell out. I'm a week in to natural dreads and my hair is sectioning itself off and starting to tangle and I have straight, fine, soft, thin hair and it is only chin length. You can do it. Just stop combing and get a tam to cover the mess while it dreads. Good luck!!
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

with yoir haitr its going to dread fast naturaly guaranteed we have ppl with straight fine hair dreading in days or weeks its very rare that it takes long but i am 100% sure yours will dread right up

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Billy Schurman
@billy-schurman
13 years ago
20 posts
sweet good to know. I think you all may have just convinced me to go natural... :)
Terence Shipp
@terence-shipp
13 years ago
18 posts
If any thing you should get locks just to get the feel of what having dreads is like so if you know for future reference...but do whatever you want
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form