Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Lots of new growth.

Gabriella Smith
@gabriella-smith
13 years ago
12 posts

It's been a while since I had my hair touched up so I think it's time. Last time I did a family member insisted I go to a Locktician. I asked her to please not wash my hair with anything that would leave behind a residue yet she did anyway. She also did twists and had to put EVEN more chemicals in my hair. A week later my scalp was itchy so I did an apple cider rinse to ease the pain and dandruff build up. Also I took those silly little twists out and each one had this disgusting white build up of the product. Yuck!I really hate twists and was wondering if there was a way to touch up my hair from the growth starting from my scalp with something besides beeswax and another method other that twists....suggestions anyone?

updated by @gabriella-smith: 02/14/15 09:16:46AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

yes leave it alone it will take care of itself use no products never twist as it grows the hair will join a dread ..or become a dread no need to do a thing but let it do what it do

locticians are a very bad idea

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
runawayjosh
@runawayjosh
13 years ago
32 posts
I have the same issues with my new growth. I am now 10.5 months in and have sooo many loose hairs. I haven't done anything since finding this site and many of my loose hairs are still loose hairs, (problem is there are not enough loose hairs in any one section to become a new dread and they certainly have not joined into any others). I have a friend and he has had dreads for quite sometime. He does root flipping (some here will claim that they are not good, as stating that their dreads will fall off). He is a professional wrestler and gets his hair tugged, pulled and beat up pretty good. He has never had an issue with his dreads falling off and his roots are extremely neat and tidy. Another idea I have seen from others is they will take thread and wrap it loosely around the base of the dread, incorporating the loose hairs into the wrap, which will in turn allow the loose hairs to be incorporated into the dread. I have just been letting mine do what they will, in the future I may have to tidy up a bit for work. For now I am happy with the mess on my head. These are just some options in case you want to do something different then just letting them be. Happy Journey!!
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

root flipping is a bad bad idea some do get away with it but it does severely weaken them

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

you also are at only 10 months your not quite mature yet

u will always have loose hair..but loose hair will always dread...

u gonna force it 4ever or just let it happen..

how longs the hair thats undreaded?

--
runawayjosh
@runawayjosh
13 years ago
32 posts

I have some extremely long hairs and of course new growth which is shorter. My roots go this way and that way and this way again and have some large loops in them. I have been leaving it alone for months hoping for hairs to incorporate themselves into the other dreads, but it seems like I've been watching them for months and they just stay alone. And as time goes on it just seems like there are more and more of these loose bunches.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

lets see a pic and how long u been waittin and wachin.. and if u know a number maybe u spend too much time waitin ad watchin

i always got alot and i always got alot dreadin too

if theyre 10 months were u leain em alone 1/2 that long at least?

--
runawayjosh
@runawayjosh
13 years ago
32 posts
Yeah I gotta make sure my camera is working and I can get some pics up when I get a moment. Unfortunately I have been able to let them do their thing without trying to get involved, but I do look into a mirror once in awhile. I am a teacher so, as unfortunate as people are sometimes, I do have to be presentable at times. : ) Yeah I would say I've left them alone for at least 5 months doing nothing to them.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts
u use sea salt? what ya washin with?

--
runawayjosh
@runawayjosh
13 years ago
32 posts
I don't really use the sea salt, although my last wash I used sea salt in my BS rinse, left it on for about 10 minutes, rinsed and used the ACV with some tea tree and rosemary oil. I try to do that every 3 days or so.
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form