Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums
Connor McCammon
@connor-mccammon
13 years ago
11 posts

My Dreadlocks feel sad...I know it's a process, but they're super frizzy, TONS of loose hairs that aren't forming into locks, and they're just...sad. I can feel their sadness eminating from my head. Any tips to cheer them/myself up?

Much Love,

Connor

updated by @connor-mccammon: 01/13/15 09:01:13PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

change whats in your head and whats on your head will feel better

the sadness isnt in the dreads its in the head

stop feeling bad about them dreads requite4 possitivity and love feed them that and they will flourish

feed them negativuity and they wilt

u realize fuzz and loose hairs just part of the dread experience? just love it

be happy with your hair and u will make your hair happy with you

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

oh did u get all tyhe wax out and start leavuin em alone?

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Connor McCammon
@connor-mccammon
13 years ago
11 posts
I appreciate the feed back =] you're right, I just gotta embrace it...but this is the first time I've just let them do their thing, so I don't know exactly what to expect or if it's doing the right thing... ya know? and there is still some wax in a few of em, but for the most part it is going away with the washing and all that. some of em are a lil flat in the back. and i don't so much mind the frizziness, but the loose hairs are like...my natural hair coming through the dreads. they're not sticking out, they're not dreading...but, I guess i do just have to get it in my head that it is a process. I just over think it all sometimes, and constantly wonder if there is something wrong, or if it's just the process. and I don't mind the chaos of it, but I'm not a big fan of little loose straight hairs tickling my face haha
Jessica Ann Hughes
@jessica-ann-hughes
13 years ago
85 posts

I have the same problem as you. I'm going through crochet recovery. This is day 13 of my dreads/recovery. They've all kept their shape, but I have clumps of loose hair. I already made a really thin baby dread with the tnr method with some loose hairs. This weekedn I'll be taking the other loose hairs and making them into some babies. Over all I love my dreads all the way. Even though I get mad at them for being all fuzzy, I love them so much(: There are also some I'm mad at more than others, though. The roots are being very strange.

But you need to love your locks. Dress them up with beads(:

Monte Jackson
@monte-jackson
13 years ago
34 posts
I usually go and find pictures of others with dreads and i picture myself with longer dreads and i feel a little better. At least well enough not to cut them off lol
Connor McCammon
@connor-mccammon
13 years ago
11 posts

Thanks everyone! yeah, lookin up pics of other dreads helps get the motivation goin! haha also, in the sunshiny weather, walkin through town with em hoppin and bouncin around! makes me feel great! =] I just gotta remember they're there, and that I love em. I don't spend enough time enjoying them as I do just lettin em sit there...

And yes, beads help alot! I'm gonna take one dread (when they get long enough) and turn it into my own personal set of prayer beads =] I love beads =] anyone got any other ideas on how to make em look fun?? lol

I guess ya just gotta love em as they are. just like learnin to love yourself! cuz...they are a part of you =] so, I've mastered loving who I am...now it's time to master loving my Dreads unconditionally =]

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form