Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

your dreadwax experience, share your mistakes so others can learn from your stickiness

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
everyone knows i never used dread wax but a few of us havewhen i tell people they shouldnt wax they dont always believe me since i have no real experience (except with cleanning up hundreds of waxy messes)however, many of you used wax the 1st time aroundor on this current set and have recovered hopefulyshare your experiences so others may learn from itinclude how much/orten you waxedstories of stickinessand how you recovered..did you cut, comb outhow long did your wax dreads lasthow much faster did your dreads dread after dewaxing/starting over

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 01/13/15 08:27:09PM
Holypipi
@holypipi
15 years ago
16 posts
I've never used wax on my dreads... I find it to sticky... But i did once used eggs, when i first started my dreads... works fine
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
why would u use eggs?whats the thinking behind that?..im confused

--
Holypipi
@holypipi
15 years ago
16 posts
Well, it works like wax, but you can remove it in 2 days with water... I only use the white part of the egg then dryed it with a hairblower...
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
oh k its basicly hair mouse kindaaloe vera works better without getting that rotten egg smell Jose Gutierrez said:
Well, it works like wax, but you can remove it in 2 days with water... I only use the white part of the egg then dryed it with a hairblower...

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
join the wax recovery groupall ex wax users http://www.dreadlockssite.com/group/dreadwaxrecovery Seanito said:
I started my dreads in january 2008 I stopped usin wax in july 2008 cuz I had a bad feeling bout it not just the oilyness I just felt like I needed 2 let them breath. I would only use a lil wax after my weekly shower but still felt bad plus I think it was makin me break out on my forehead. So anyway I got my head washed by 1 of my rasta friends in april 2009 n he really got in there n scrubbed my scalp. He was showin me the crap comin outta my head n hair. There was so much wax it was nasty. Its scary 2 think that after 9-10 months of not using wax n washing my hair at least once a week that there was still wax up there. Yuck I'm such an anti-wax person n I tell every1 I kno growin locks that story 2 stop the wax revolution

--
Tomasu
@tomasu
15 years ago
66 posts
i only used to wax years ago when i tried to dreadlock really little spikes into my hair...but i was young and nieve and that hair had been cut out a looong time ago....i had to uses a headlice comb everytime i wanted it out..never again hahaha...after about 8 years of growing my hair i wouldnt ever want to put anything in it that would ruin it..you grow attached to it :P
tha tron
@tha-tron
15 years ago
147 posts
I remember my dreads being wet for long periods of time since the wax doesnt let your hair dry. Now that im not using it seems to dry within an hour after washing.
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form