dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

My Dreadlock Odyssey - TnR

Prometheus
@prometheus
13 years ago
7 posts

Started dreadlocks : April 20, 2011

Okay so i've just finished dreading my whole head on wednesday, i started on tuesday morning got my head all sectioned off then sat on a chair with my laptop and a big mirror in front of me and began dreading for about 14 hours straight while watching movies lol, with some breaks in between of course.. was about to do it all through the night but i stopped at 4am just decided i needed to rest. I finished it the next day and gave it a first wash with BS and tea tree and some rosemary.

after the wash and drying I noticed my dreads became smooth and unraveled and turned slightly straight and they dont look as locked as they were before the wash, especially at the ends but i figured that would be normal for about 1-2 inches of hair to be loose. Was it because i didn't do a good twist n rip job to begin with that they fell apart? what should i do? are they fine the way it is or should i fix them up by twist and ripping the ones that are fully unraveled and straight..let me know please >.<

i've included some pics of what they look like right now.

updated by @prometheus: 01/13/15 09:00:15PM
Prometheus
@prometheus
13 years ago
7 posts
I've also been sleeping with this sweater covering my pillow, it's 65% cotton, 35% wool. the only thing i have that seems abrasive enough to help my dreads lock up.
updated by @prometheus: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

they are fine just need time

theyre lil shor so my came apart more vbut will dread up fine

add sea salt and watch em dread

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Heather
@heather
13 years ago
1,291 posts
14 hours?? i would not have the patience for that. it looks good though and i'm sure it will lock up fast since your hair is a bit damaged from the bleaching.
Prometheus
@prometheus
13 years ago
7 posts

well here's a look of my dreads so far. it's been about 4 weeks now i think. a lot of locks fell apart especially at the sides of my head and a few in the front. i had to completely re-twist and rip them back into a dread. as for the ones that stayed together they seem to be hardening up and doing pretty well. i haven't been using much sea salt spray on my hair, i probably should be using it atleast once a day or something to dry up my hair cuz it doesnt really feel dry at all. been using purely baking soda wash with tea tree and rosemary and lavender. other than the loose hairs and a few dreads falling apart i love having these on my head :D i just cant wait to be out of this delicate dread lock stage.

updated by @prometheus: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
Prometheus
@prometheus
13 years ago
7 posts
naw i havent done an acv rinse once yet. my hair seems to be real soft and conditioned already... so i thought i wouldnt need to do it til it gets real dry which it doesnt seem like it wants to. lol
Prometheus
@prometheus
13 years ago
7 posts
no i dont sleep on the sweater got kinda nasty afterwards lol and itchy since i like to sleep face down sometimes. i wash every 2 days. sometimes everyday cuz i work and i cant have my hair smell real bad lol
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form